What is with this. Strange phone call

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2005, 07:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
As you all know back in early summer we had our house painted. When I was interviewing contractors for the job. The first one was College Pro Painters. Oh they gave us this big speel about how good work they do etc. That you get your moneys worth with them etc. etc. They bid like 5,000$ for the job. We don't have a huge house. So I said they were the first company we interviewed. That we have other estimates coming out. They said they'd call us in 5 days to see what we decided. They did just that. I said after carefully looking over all the estimates we got. How much work would we get for the money, how long the job would take, when they'd start etc. We found a better offer. But Thank You for coming out to do a estimate. They asked what sort of offer did we get. I said less than half of what you's were going to charge us. And the quality of work would of been the same as you offered us. They were disappointed we did not choose them. Kept trying to change my decision. I was firm with them saying you were not chosen and why. Then we ended the conversation. Well last night someone calls me from them College Pro Painters. Asks for dh. I said if your asking about the house to be painted. We had that done in late May early June. By another contractor. The guy says you did? I said yeah and I told your company back then. We did not choose them for the job and why. It was like the guy wanted to come paint our outside of the house in winter. Or maybe was looking to line up work in spring. You'd think they'd get the hint the first time you tell them someone else got the job. Compared to all the contractors we interviewed. College Pro Painters was most expensive. I think they must be nationwide. As I got their ad on a letter in the mail early last spring. They had a web page. It showed the main office in some other state than where we live. It sounded like college kids were hired to paint. It was like this guy last night was upset I wouldn't talk to him about having them do some painting for us. It made me think of the time we were looking to get a bay window in the living room. One company came out New Sash Windows. Never heard of them. But they insisted oh their window have Heat Mirror on them. They are the only ones who make heat mirror. Later on I found out Heat Mirror is its own company not related to New Sash as some other company offered it as a added something to their windows. When it came to prices. I said how long is the price good for. They said oh just today. Trying to get me to buy on the spot. When I know most contractors will say prices are good at least 30 days or till price of materials goes up. I refused to hire New Sash Windows. Something about the salesman I didn't like. Then found out later. They don't stand behind their products and don't do quality work.
January 21st, 2005, 07:10 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was really strange!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search