Would you do this

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2005, 09:00 AM
MinnesotaMommy
If you job suddenly required you to take out your earrings, if you have multiple, or would you quit? Or if you could wear the clear earring to hide it? What do you think I should do? I really don't want to quit, but I also don't want to take them out.
January 22nd, 2005, 09:07 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter, Regina has to take her peircings out for work. She has her tonge & lower lip peirced. She is the day time supervisor at her job. She would rather not take them out but, she needs her job so she takes them out .She puts the little clear things in untill after work.

I hope you make the right choice for yourself!

January 22nd, 2005, 09:09 AM
Armywife
They want you to take the earrings out of where? Just curious!LOL

I think that if your ear rings mean alot to you, if they give you some kind of individuality, then you should keep them in. Find a job that allows you to be you.

If you need to keep your job because of (understandably) the money you make there is great, then put in the clear ones while at work.

Good luck to whatever you decide.
January 22nd, 2005, 12:57 PM
MinnesotaMommy
All in the ears, 5 in each.
January 22nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Armywife
Just in the ears? I was thinking eye brow, lip, nose things like that!!

What did ya decide????
January 23rd, 2005, 04:25 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Yes, nursing school required no rings, no earings, nothing. I couldn't even wear my wedding rings. (You could wear a plain wedding band and that's it, but my wedding band isn't plain so I couldn't wear it.) There was no question in my mind that the jewelry was going.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
January 23rd, 2005, 06:13 AM
MinnesotaMommy
I'm still considering my options (looking fro another job first that does not mind them.) But looking into the retainers (just in case).
January 23rd, 2005, 02:59 PM
Cindermella
personally I would remove them if I liked the job
January 23rd, 2005, 10:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I can see a boss being upset over bizarre peircings like the tongue, the eyelid or nose. But if it is on your ear. And you only wear a stud in your ear. They should not say anything. My friend is a CNA. They do not allow anything but studs on the ear. They say if you wear anything else a resident at the nursing home she works at could yank on it. So that is for safety reasons. I seen a girl at Kentucky Fried Chicken working. She had a bandaid on her nose. It was covering up the nose peircing.
January 23rd, 2005, 11:29 PM
Stephanee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think if people just have them in the ears and places that don't show.. they shouldn't have to take them out... i would put clear ones in if they insisted on one option or the other.. i love my piercings.. both are in the ear but not in typical placements...

January 24th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If I needed the job I would take them out and look for a new job where I could wear them if it was that important to keep them all.

Co-host to Thirtysomething Mommies
January 24th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ryryandmom Send a message via Yahoo to ryryandmom
I have a lot of earings to and i would take them out in my car and when i was done I would put them back in the car.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search