That shower for coworker we planned was a flop

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
This was all to funny. Well the other week when they were talking baby shower for a coworker Tanya. I thought ok. Fine. I wasn't planning on anything. As we don't know each other that long. We just work together. But this other coworker Mary kept on the idea lets throw Tanya a shower. That she heard Teresa( our supervisor) talking of one she wants. Mary kept saying Oh Tanya won't make it till Friday(last Friday that just passed)Lets do one on Thursday. I said well I won't be there on Thursday. I'm off and made a dentist appointment that afternoon. So I'll leave a gift. You all give it to her. At the time I thought they talked to Teresa about the shower and got her to agree to one on Thursday instead of Friday. So Monday before the shower. I said to Teresa so what time is the shower on Thursday. She said no it's Friday. I said Mary I thought said Thursday. Teresa said did she plan her own shower. I don't know. Just I left a gift for her to give Tanya as if it's Thursday I won't be able to come. Teresa said she told Mary, Pam and Ebony one was set for Friday. Invitations are out to those who know Tanya but don't work here now or other supervisors. Everyone else here was just verbally told of the shower. Well Mary threw a shower Thursday. I heard Mary made it a her thing. Making herself center of attention. Did all the talking etc. Oh Tanya was surprised. Liked the gifts. Thought that was it. Then when the Friday one came. Oh was Tanya really extra surprised. Some former coworkers came who knew her well. I heard she was more surprised over Fridays party than Thursday. I guess Thursday only 4 people came. Mary,Pam, Ebony(the ones who planned the party) and some other day shift girl who just happened to be working. I politely explained why I did not come Friday. Said my jaw hurt and was swelled up after the dentist.

Teresa told me a bunch of people came. Giving Tanya some really nice gifts. Nicer than the ones Mary and the other 2 girls got. I guess Mary did not stay for the Friday shower. She sort of pouted that her party flopped. Was upset that she was not confronted first about planning a shower. Mary is a busy body type person. Someone who thinks they know it all. Their way is only right, they have the right to get overly demanding of coworkers treating some of them rudely, one who has to be center of attention where they try to out do everyone like their best. When I heard that. I laughed to myself. That you were not center of attention this time round. That this shower did not turn out to be a her thing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search