We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I posted yesterday how sick my daughter was. The Dr. said it was the flu...but I am wondering if they missed something and mayber I should take her back in? Or wait and see how she does today? Her fever was back up last night to 104 and she vomited again. She is very congested and coughing a lot. This has been since Saturday !!! I am wondering if I should give it one more day and see if her fever goes up again today and see if she will eat something today and see if she feels better........Or should I just take her back in today. What would you do?
I would get fluids in her. My mom always made us Jello when we were sick. It cools you down and helps to hydrate you. I think I would just call the drs office and ask to speak with nurse. Ask for thier advice on what you should do. I personally think she just needs rest. The flu is a nasty bugger.
I just left a message for them to call me back (hate waiting for them to call me back)......She is drinking gatorade right now........but she says her throat and chest hurt, plus it has been 5 days now and it isn't getting any better, infact...it is worse and that is why I am worried. I will wait for the doctor to call.
If you think it's worse. I'd be off to the ER. With a fever of 104. That's not good for that long. If your not happy with what your doc said. Go get another oppinion from another doc. Keep pushing fluids. Soak your dd in a cool tub of water. Do whatever you can to make the fever go down.
Originally posted by ILoveMyRyan@Jan 27 2005, 06:52 AM How is she?? Have you taken her back to the drs?? I know that my house had the stomach virus/flu for almost 2 weeks. I thought Id never be better again...* I hope she is doing better... if her throat and chest hurt.. it could be from throwing up I hope its nothing serious!! Shes in my prayers
Yes, we went back yesterday..........Grrrrrrrr...........I am so irritated with the Dr. My daughter had infected lymph nodes and she thinks strep throat. The ran some tests on her and did some cultures........I will get the results tomorrow. They should have seen this the day before when we were there. She is on antibiotics but we may have to go back tomorrow if she is worse. I still can't get anyfood in here but she did eat a popcicle last night and a lot of 7up this morning. Thank you so much for asking and for you prayers!