Six slain in home after 'extreme violence'

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2004, 03:32 PM
I Heart 4x4
Just saw this when I signed online. tragic story
August 6th, 2004, 04:34 PM
zonapellucida
"PLease, dear God, get me out of FL"
August 8th, 2004, 09:26 AM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
Four arrested

Four arrested. The murders they believe are over ..... get this..... AN XBOX!!!
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
August 8th, 2004, 11:40 AM
TheGeneralsGal
Let those idiots fry. 18 and threw away there lives. I hope FL kills them all. Over some walmart clothes and a stupid 300$ xbox....

For shame.....
August 10th, 2004, 08:55 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
This is from our local newspaper.....I guess the girl that was the target is from a city about 20 minutes from here....

Oh man would I be livid.....Telegraph article

(here is a smidget of the article....)
The six were attacked by four men dressed in black, wearing scarves on their faces and wielding baseball bats, police said. They crashed through the locked front door, grabbed knives from inside the home, spread out and began stabbing and beating their victims.

Some of the victims were sleeping, and none put up a fight or tried to escape, police said. All had been stabbed, but autopsies determined the cause of death was the beating injuries.

Police say the murders apparently were sparked by a confrontation between Erin Belanger and 27-year-old Troy Victorino, who is accused of rounding up the gang of assailants and leading the attack.

Victorino was arrested Saturday along with Robert Cannon, Jerone Hunter and Michael Salas, all 18. They are charged with first-degree murder and armed burglary.

Victorino had been one of several people using Belanger’s grandparents’ winter home, which is near Belanger’s rental, for parties, news reports said. The grandparents were in Maine for the summer.

Victorino has spent eight of the last 11 years in prison and was arrested Saturday for a probation violation. His first arrest was in an auto theft when he was 15, according to state records. He has prior convictions for battery, arson, burglary, auto theft and theft.

Several days before the killings, Belanger told relatives she went to swim at her grandparents’ house and discovered about a half-dozen people partying there without permission. One of them was Victorino.

She called police and kicked them out, but they left behind some clothing and an Xbox video game system, which Belanger took back to her house. The squatters apparently returned, though, and Victorino, finding the items missing, confronted Belanger and threatened to “beat her with a baseball bat when she was sleeping,” a relative quoted Belanger as saying, according to an AP report.

Over the next few days, deputies were called to the grandparents’ house six times. The victims also reported threats and a tire-slashing at their home.

William Belanger said Monday that he is incredulous why police didn’t take those incidents as warnings of possible impending violence against his daughter and her friends.

His frustration grows, he says, as he learns more about the events that likely led to the nighttime massacre.

“This guy (Victorino) was part of a cycle - arrested, released, arrested, released. How many times have we seen this happen? . . . The guy who murdered my daughter was out on the street and shouldn’t have been . . . This cycle has got to stop.” Belanger said.

“I just got off the phone with a victim’s advocate down there, and I have to say I really went off on her . . . I told her, ‘I’ve been calling and calling since Friday morning and you just call me back now, at noon on Monday?’” Belanger said Monday afternoon.

“I told her, ‘You ought to be ashamed of yourself.’”
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
August 11th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Ma2RayPooh
omg i cant believe all of that. i read every single story and it just kills me that people can be that crazy in the head. over a xbox and some clothes? You got to be kidding me!!! i hope those who did it get what they have coming to them!!! bast***s!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search