Bad news for me :(

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2006, 11:45 AM
Regular
Well i got a call today from my ex,

i thought she was ringing to say happy new year with samantha,

however i got bad news instead.

she is moving with her new boyfriend, further up north.

this basically means i wont see samantha now because she will live to far away.

she says that we can stay in touch and that i could perhaps have her to stay the night.

well i hope she does.

Jynxy
January 2nd, 2006, 06:27 AM
Regular
Quote:
Well i got a call today from my ex,

i thought she was ringing to say happy new year with samantha,

however i got bad news instead.

she is moving with her new boyfriend, further up north.

this basically means i wont see samantha now because she will live to far away.

she says that we can stay in touch and that i could perhaps have her to stay the night.

well i hope she does.

Jynxy [/b]
I don't understand how some people can be so completly selfish in situations like this. If nothing else she should be thinking about your daughter. She needs to be able to see both parents. Grrr. I'm so sorry.
My brother has full custody of his little girl and I thank GOd for that EVERYDAY!
January 2nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry!
i don't know how it works in the uk, but don't you have any say? when my brother was moving, they had to get special permission from the courts and from the kids' father for them to move. have you checked to see what kind of rights you have?
good luck to you!
January 2nd, 2006, 03:30 PM
Regular
well i could try and get custordy etc but its usally the mum that wins the case, seing as she has more to offer than i do i very doubt i would win. but i guess i could seek advice and see what my odds are :/
January 2nd, 2006, 03:59 PM
I would if i were you, you may not get "full" custody, but at least you can be bound by courts to get her every on weekends or something like that. That way you can still see her on a regular basis.
good luck!
January 2nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I would try with the courts.. like in my hsubands case with his little girl we won every other Thursday through Sunday.. and if she ever moves away she has to do all transportation because it was her decision to move not his. It might be different in the UK but thats' how it is the US
January 3rd, 2006, 05:10 AM
Regular
trouble is i would love to see her every other weekend but its a 6 - 7 hour journey so would not be fair on her traveling so far, every other weekend.

so would only be occasional visits, she did say that i could still see her so i will just leave it as it is atm and if she deny's me access then i will take this further.

thanks for support guys/gurls :/
January 3rd, 2006, 07:30 PM
i hope it works out well for you! maybe you all could meet halfway or something?
January 4th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Regular
My brother got custody of his little girl. COurts everywhere are seeing that custody shouldn't just solely go to the mom simply because she birthed the child. Do what you feel is right. BEst of luck to you!
January 18th, 2006, 09:59 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Oh, PLEASE fight for custody! I found that in the US, 11-14% of dads get custody, but in more than half of the total cases, the dad didn't even fight. When I asked around and did a few informal interviews, they just thought they had no chance! It's such a shame that dads are being left out--you NEED to fight for what you want! Like someone else said, you may not get full custody, but you have RIGHTS that are being trampled on. Please follow up on this. You deserve to see your little one as much as your ex does!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search