If someone posts from a forum topic UR not related to R we not supposed to reply?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2006, 06:55 PM
Super Mommy
Just wondering...Are we not supposed to reply in forum categories that do not directly pertain to us in the forum title but do pertain to us in regards to the question or comment being made from the post starter? Like is someone from a June 05 play room were asking something that I could answer am I not supposed to answer because I am from the April 05 playroom?
I understand that one should not enter to answer posts from any due date forums/birth announcements and categories that I obviously have no place in, but if one can help with the others that does not necessarily "belong" to the category the person is starting their post from am I really supposed to just ignore even if I can help?
January 2nd, 2006, 07:05 PM
Ashes78
If you can help, post.
January 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
Super Mommy
That's what I feel but I have been told differently.
January 2nd, 2006, 07:15 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Under most circumstances, it should be fine to post...but if sometimes there is a limit too....such as if one would be in tons of other forums like that and either 1) be argumentative of things on a more than occasional basis (as this could seem as though you are TRYING to stir up arguments) or 2) you seem to be in some areas frequently and don't seem to offer NEW information or something ... I don't know

I think a lot of times in DDC's and Playrooms...the ladies get to be a personal group and sometimes if someone "pops" in all the time without bothering to get to know people.... they can just seem out of place or annoying even if they have good intentions. With it being a "personal" type of group, there is trust earned/gained by people and so they don't know whether they can trust someone who they've never talked to or heard from before except when they come in to drop off their two cents

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
January 2nd, 2006, 07:27 PM
Super Mommy
I understand that much, but I am most frequent in the groups I am directly a part of like the Apil 05 mommies group, vegetrain and stay at home mommy groups etc... I only reply to posts I am not directly a part of if I can help or if it's not a help type thing then if I can relate to the comment being made.
January 3rd, 2006, 07:50 AM
EmilysMommy04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to EmilysMommy04
I feel it would be ok I do it.On this entire board we are suppost to beable to help one another. By not replying and someone telling you , that you shouldnt thats only enforcing segregation. I think it would be ok ein my opinon. Reply if you can help.

January 3rd, 2006, 10:10 AM
Super Mommy
I guess I will keep doing it until I am told not to again. I have to say it's pretty difficult to just stick to the boards I am directly related to by title because there's not always current posts in them to reply to.
January 3rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
mrobinson
I've been in your shoes a time or two... I understand the struggle. I won't post anymore in certain areas or certain topics now for the sensitivity card but I think most people know you only mean the best. I hope it works out ~ it's nice to help out if you think you can!

Cheers, Michelle
January 3rd, 2006, 06:01 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
It depends on the subject. Sure you can offer advice. I try not to post frequently on the DDCs because thats the mommies own little community and they may not want my two cents on something. I generally post on the labor and birth board or the other pregnancy boards. Occasionally, I do post on the DDC but even me, as one of the owners here at JM, feel like I brush people the wrong way if I am butting in on another ddcs board.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 3rd, 2006, 08:35 PM
Super Mommy
If I ever post in a due date forum it's totally by accident. I know I have business in them so I don't even go to them intentionally.
January 3rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
But I think the same applies to the playrooms ..... each play room is their own area and is meant for a specific group of members....and I imagine that there are some people who are pretty territorial...the same as with the DDC's ya know? We've all been pregnant in the playrooms but we still don't go to the DDC's to give advice unless we are asked.....so maybe its the same thing with playrooms....I'm in the newest playroom but when the Dec Playroom comes up...I'll stay away from there because its not my place to be ya know?

I try and stick to the Oct and Nov Playrooms because I host one and I have a baby born in the month for the other.....so only go to other playrooms to ask q's or make comments on "silly" type threads that might catch my attention

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
January 7th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Regular
Sorry to bump an old post but I figured it's better than starting a new one! Basically, we can post whereever it's relevant, though month-specific groups and other boards you obviously don't fit in, stay out of? (So I wont go posting on "done having kids," but I can post in the mommy lounge, even though I'm still working on the mom part?) thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search