Have you ever been on TV or in the newspaper??

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2006, 12:01 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
<span style="font-family:Courier New">I've never been on TV that I know of ... and haven't been in the newspaper except my name for traffic tickets and birth announcement since I was in high school</span>

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
January 5th, 2006, 06:15 AM
MinnesotaMommy
Both when I was a kid for Girl Scouts.
January 5th, 2006, 09:44 AM
michelemybelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nope, not me but I know people who have? my cousin's been in movies does that count? lol

January 5th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My name has been in the paper a few times, but nothing exciting. As for TV, nothing significant. I got a couple close-up shots at UT football games during college, but I think that's it. (Speaking of which... Did everyone see that UT won the national football championship last night? Hook 'em horns!)

Funny story related to this topic. Well, not funny, but interesting. My best friend called me one night to tell me that my college roommate was on TV. She works on America's Next Top Model, and therefore was sitting in the audience for the finale show, and they kept zooming in on her. Crazy.

Then, a day or so later, my dad and I were watching Myth Busters, and a guy he knew from college was on it! Small world!

January 6th, 2006, 02:13 AM
Thats too funny Anne!!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
January 6th, 2006, 07:46 AM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
Nope I haven't and don't know any one who has.

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

January 10th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Tricia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that is funny Anne

I was in the newspaper for being part of a live nativity once and a couple of times when I took baton

January 10th, 2006, 03:14 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on Hard Copy probably 7 years ago. Is that show still on?? It's kinda like Inside Edition LOL. I was in the paper when I got married
January 10th, 2006, 03:29 PM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was a little girl, my bestfriend and I were in the paper. Her dad had taken us to the park to go ice skating, but we were playing on the swings with our ice skates on. A photographer must have just happened to see us and took our picture. My mom still has copies of it.

I was interviewed once for our local news. I can't remember the name of the walk, but we were doing a Christian-related walk and I was interviewed about my beliefs and why I was participating.

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
January 10th, 2006, 06:28 PM
michelemybelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok wait I remember they did an article in the local paper about my program I used to run where I worked.

plus a guy I went to high school with was on JERRY SPRINGER!!!! LOL

January 10th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to chelle2k
When I was 13 I won the "Search for Mr Bob" contest on my local radio station. The newpaper came to my school and took pictures and did an article about me since I was only a 13 year old winning such a big prize.... a 3day 2 night trip to Disney world for 2, a TV/VCR combo, and 1005 dollars cash.

Needless to say that was exciting for me!
January 11th, 2006, 02:46 PM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That reminds me...when I was in 8th grade, I wrote a commercial for a local radio station for a "say no to drugs" project. (My whole class did this.) Anyway, my commercial was chosen along with a few other people's and we got to have a day off school, go to the radio station to record our commercial, etc. I remember getting a bunch of Coca-Cola products (I hate Coke) and some other prizes for my commercial (nothing monetary), but I never...not once...ever...heard mine or any of the other commercials on the radio. Hmph!

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
January 21st, 2006, 03:45 PM
Jennsniffer's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been on the news a few times. I used to figure skate and I made it on once or twice for that.

I used to show horses and I made it in the Arabian Times for that once.

One time when I was on the news for skating it was the 11:00 news and the next morning one of my teachers came up to me in the hall and was like, "Were you on the news last night? I was half asleep and I thought I saw you but I didn't know if I was dreaming or not..." Pretty funny.
January 23rd, 2006, 10:29 AM
Quote:
When I was 13 I won the "Search for Mr Bob" contest on my local radio station. The newpaper came to my school and took pictures and did an article about me since I was only a 13 year old winning such a big prize.... a 3day 2 night trip to Disney world for 2, a TV/VCR combo, and 1005 dollars cash.

Needless to say that was exciting for me![/b]

Now that is very cool!!

January 24th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
During school I was in our local paper alot for girl scouts, 4-H, and FFA.. I was on news when we visited with our girl scout troop when I was 8
January 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
kim79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kim79 Send a message via Yahoo to kim79
I was in the newspaper when I was about 12. It was soooooo embarrassing!!!! I went to a local children's fun day at a nearby park. It just had some games and rides, nothing special. Well the night before, I had gotten something in my eye and my parents brought me to the Dr. who found out that I had sty on the inside of my eyelid which was rubbing my eyeball everytime i blinked. I was told to wear a patch over my eye. The morning of this children's fun day, we ran out of medical tape to sttick the eyepatch to my face so my dad decided he would put DUCT TAPE on it. !!!!! My Dad will duct tape ANYTHING!!!!! And it wasn't any old duct tape, it was the red color and very thick. I was so embarrassed that I didn't want to go but of course, I was 12 so I didn't get much of a say in it. Anyway we get to park and I saw a petting zoo and forgot about my eye and when I looked up, I saw our local newspaper taking pictures. I was mortified!! I ran and stayed with my parents and kept my eyes ( or eye rather) open for more photogrophers. The next day we get the paper and there I am on the FRONT PAGE no less, petting the animal with my eye all taped up with duct tape. And it wasn't a rinky dink picture either. It was HUGE!!! It took up half of the front page. I vowed to stay out of the media after that trauma!!!!

January 27th, 2006, 05:24 PM
angiemoffett's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been in the newspaper quite a few times. For sports, 4-H, cheerleading, dance, pageants...stuff like that.

TV, yes, but not near as much as the paper. Only once or twice on TV and it was for little tiddly things.

January 28th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Veteran
yes both for synchronized swimming and for some volunteer work
January 30th, 2006, 12:27 PM
lilangel91284's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
<span style="font-family:Courier New">I've never been on TV that I know of ... and haven't been in the newspaper except my name for traffic tickets and birth announcement since I was in high school</span>[/b]
They post it int he paper when you get a ticket ?

I was in the paper when i was in GS, then i was on the news a few years ago about my dorm room being broken into.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search