Who does your Ultrasounds?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who has done your Ultrasounds to this point? Or with any other pregnancies?

The reason I ask is because I just started going to a new OB GYN yesterday. He did my ultrasound. Not the nurse. I have never had a doctor do an ultrasound on me before.Only nurses. Just wondered if Dr Hradek did it the first time because I am a new patient. I guess I will know for sure the next time I need an ulrasound,huh?

January 28th, 2005, 12:34 PM
DananaLuvsGabby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to DananaLuvsGabby
So far everytime I have had one my docotor has done it. My doctor does U/S every visit which is really nice, to measure the baby and just to let you see.
January 28th, 2005, 12:37 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH did most of mine. But twice I went to the hospital where I had my son and made an out patient appt for an u/s. It doest matter who did it as long as they have had some specialized training in u/s. Its not as easy as it can look.

January 28th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With this one it is a u/s tech- but with my first the doc always did it- I guess it just depends on the doc!

January 28th, 2005, 12:54 PM
brybaby2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A sonographer that's in w/my dr does my ultrasounds...

Tammy, one question for you, you said you live in Ohio right? Just wondered what part, because where I live we have a Dr. Hradek as well, and I see Theresa Leite, CNM, she's in w/Dr. Bradley...are you familiar with these dr's? Wonder if we're in the same area!
January 28th, 2005, 02:16 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by brybaby2@Jan 28 2005, 03:54 PM
A sonographer that's in w/my dr does my ultrasounds...

Tammy, one question for you, you said you live in Ohio right?* Just wondered what part, because where I live we have a Dr. Hradek as well, and I see Theresa Leite, CNM, she's in w/Dr. Bradley...are you familiar with these dr's?* Wonder if we're in the same area!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Yes, we are in the same area!!!

January 28th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Melissa_A's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Melissa_A
On my first visit to my new OB when I changed doctors, I think I was about 3 months along, the doctor did a quick scan with the ultrasound and then I scheduled the detailed ultrasound with the tech to do all the measurements and everything and that was around 18 weeks.
January 28th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmmmm, with DS I only had one and the doc did it.

This time, I've had 3. 2 were with an u/s tech (the first was because of some bleeding -- not a scheduled thing), and the other the doctor did.

January 28th, 2005, 05:14 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
2 of my ultrasounds( 1 with each kid) was done by my doctor in the doctor's office

the other 2 were at the hospital and done by sonographers...

January 28th, 2005, 08:38 PM
MinnesotaMommy
u/s tech for all of mine.
January 29th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
It depends on your doc. I don't think all docs are qualified to do it. Is this new OB a perinatologist??? If he is, then he will watch you very, very closely and he will probably do all your ultrasounds. He is more trained then a tech. With the boys, the first doc had a tech that came in twice a week. When we moved here and I started going to the women's clinic at the hospital they have a machine they pass around and the doc does it. Its an old machine and just lets you know the basics. For a more detailed one they send you to radiology and it is done by a tech. For the Level II almost always a perinatologist does it. I'm sure you will have one of those when you get around 18 weeks or so cause of your age. Its standard after 35. They look at every organ and measure all the bones. Its very detailed, and lots of fun!!! A perinatologist specializes in high risk pregnancies. That may be what this new doc is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search