After you had your baby & after dying your hair

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Super Mommy
My hair has never grown fast. I never used to have to color my hair any sooner then every 2 1/2 months till the tiniest amount of root was showing. Starting at about 6 month pregnant I started having to color my hair every 3 wee weeks! Huge change! I thought initially it was because my hair was growing due to the hormones but it wasn't growing anymore then usual. I did not cut my hair at all during my pregnancy and I was still having to color my hair every 3 weeks. Since my hair wasn't growing any faster I figured it must be that the hair color was fading super fast for some reason. I figured this issue would resolve shortly after pregnancy but here I am w/ my son who's over 8 months old and this is still a problem. I now have to color my hair every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks or there's a lot of root showing. It's getting really expensive and beyond annoying. Has this happened to any of you?????
January 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Miles
Quote:
My hair has never grown fast. I never used to have to color my hair any sooner then every 2 1/2 months till the tiniest amount of root was showing. Starting at about 6 month pregnant I started having to color my hair every 3 wee weeks! Huge change! I thought initially it was because my hair was growing due to the hormones but it wasn't growing anymore then usual. I did not cut my hair at all during my pregnancy and I was still having to color my hair every 3 weeks. Since my hair wasn't growing any faster I figured it must be that the hair color was fading super fast for some reason. I figured this issue would resolve shortly after pregnancy but here I am w/ my son who's over 8 months old and this is still a problem. I now have to color my hair every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks or there's a lot of root showing. It's getting really expensive and beyond annoying. Has this happened to any of you????? [/b]

Depends on what color I dyed it. Anything that had red in it even it was just as a tint color faded fast also black fades big time. Also your shampoo may have an effect on the fading of your color.
January 7th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Super Mommy
I am using and doing nothing differently then when my hair color lasted for 2 months before I needed to color it.
January 8th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Miles
Quote:
I am using and doing nothing differently then when my hair color lasted for 2 months before I needed to color it.[/b]

Are you using a diff brand? Also I know if you wait to wash your hair like 2 days before you color it helps the color to hold and help it from not faded so much either. Once you wash it, the oils in your hair are gone and it affects how the color takes and how it is after you get it in.
January 9th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Super Mommy
As I said I am not doing or using anything differently. Same products, routine...everything is the same.
January 9th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Miles
Quote:
As I said I am not doing or using anything differently. Same products, routine...everything is the same.[/b]

Very strange sorry cant help you.
January 12th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I have always highlighted my hair and after having Brady, it does fade a lot quicker!! I use to be able to go 3, even 4 months before having to touch it up and now it's like I want to get it done every month!
January 13th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Super Mommy
I am just so confused as to what the change is? How did pregnancy change my hair so that dye fades quicker? I have never heard of such a thing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search