My son doesn't like being called "moo moo" anymore

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2006, 03:09 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Last night Jeremy told me he does NOT like me calling him moo moo. He says I hate that! It makes me think of a cow! LMBO!! I told Jeremy a long time ago that people don't get to pick their own nicknames. Like me, I get called Pattycake, Patty Mayo, Peppermint Patty. Ya know, I don't really like them either. LOL. Anyway they are still moos to me. LOL.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM
mrobinson
That's cute! My brother used to be upset about being called a monkey... hmm, maybe Jeremy could be a girraffe for a while... then maybe he'll prefer being a moo!
January 13th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Heavenly's Avatar Super Mommy
awww poor you !
how old is he ?

I'll cry too when my kids out grow their nick names.

January 13th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww Patty..
I agree with pp, perhaps you could find a different nickname for him, and maybe he'd prefer moo..

Or better yet, tell him to get used to it, when he gets a girlfriend, chances are she'll have a lil pet name for him also, and that name will NEVER go away..hee hee hee

Becky
January 13th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Veteran
aww thats cute.

January 13th, 2006, 07:40 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Or better yet, tell him to get used to it, when he gets a girlfriend, chances are she'll have a lil pet name for him also, and that name will NEVER go away..hee hee hee[/b]
You are a riot. Um, he's not getting a girlfriend! He already told me that he does not want to grow up. He wants to stay a kid forever and I said okay sounds good to me. LOL.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
January 13th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Too funny! Sarah has taken to calling Daniel "Butt-butt". I'm not sure why, but it stuck and we all call him that. I'm sure when he's Jeremy's age he'll tell us to stop too.
January 15th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS is 14 and his nick name is "Turkey Pants" or Turkey for short. We call him that ALL the time, he still likes it he says..... We are a nick name house. DH is "Bum" and he gets that more than his given name. I dont think DH has called me "Kathleen" since our wedding day

January 16th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Jinxcat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going through the same thing with my little ones. I call my five year old, Sophia "Sophie-Loaf" and she says she now wants to be called Sophia Grace (her full name).

My 8 year old, Isabella is my Chelly-Belly and now she just wants to be called Bella (what most everyone calls her.)

I call Jacob, my 12 year old, "Jacobean (Jacob Bean)" and he now says he will not respond when I call him that...

Oh well, Jenavieve is only 10 days old so we have yet to figure out what we will plague her with...

You keep calling Jeremy 'Moo Moo'. One day he will look back fondly at your special term of endearment for him.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search