Would you allow your dh or bf to take over your house etc.

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
One day Divorce Court was on. A few of us were watching the tv in our breakroom at work. It was a black couple hoping to get divorced. The dh was treating his wife like a queen before they got married. Woo'd her with his words and actions. Then said after they got married. The man rule kicks in. He'd bark out orders what his wife was to do. Told her how to fold the towels and how he expected everything to be in their household. Things had to be to his standards. He was a control freak. Now if that were me. I'd not let some man run my life like that. Ifmy dh yelled for the towels being folded wrong. I'd say. Be my guest fold them yourself. I'm not doing it. Marriage or a relationship is a equal partnership. There should be give and take on both parts. I get a laugh at Divorce court Not that I watch it to often But for all the dumb reasons couples want to divorce. Like another time the guiy wanted a divorce because his wife could not cook. Well he knew that getting into the marriage.
January 18th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
One day Divorce Court was on. A few of us were watching the tv in our breakroom at work. It was a black couple hoping to get divorced. The dh was treating his wife like a queen before they got married. Woo'd her with his words and actions. Then said after they got married. The man rule kicks in. He'd bark out orders what his wife was to do. Told her how to fold the towels and how he expected everything to be in their household. Things had to be to his standards. He was a control freak. Now if that were me. I'd not let some man run my life like that. Ifmy dh yelled for the towels being folded wrong. I'd say. Be my guest fold them yourself. I'm not doing it. Marriage or a relationship is a equal partnership. There should be give and take on both parts. I get a laugh at Divorce court Not that I watch it to often But for all the dumb reasons couples want to divorce. Like another time the guiy wanted a divorce because his wife could not cook. Well he knew that getting into the marriage.[/b]

I just started the daytime show thread..lol I think its comical... I have to wonder how much of it is IRL and how much is just scripted and paid for.. I mean, how many people would watch if it was just boring ole-he said she said blah blah blah?

I've watched that a few times, I'm not really into those, I'm not really into much of the daytime shows but they are comical when I do happen to watch.. I like to watch Fox and Maury is usually the one that is on when I just leave the T.V on... I personally can't imagine a proper sum of money that would convince me to go on national tv and air out my dirty laundry..kwim?

Becky
January 18th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
i swear i cant stand to see a man or a woman dictate how things should be done in a home.a marriage is equal and you are supposed to help each other not demand and command.i personally think its stupid for a couple or anyone to go on tv and spit out their problems for the world to see them.its just a ploy most times to get on tv. lol ya know a bit like jerry springer lol but who doesnt love that show hahaha
January 19th, 2006, 12:52 PM
MommyStacey2012's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MommyStacey2012 Send a message via MSN to MommyStacey2012 Send a message via Yahoo to MommyStacey2012
lol don't forget the man had to have red andgreen towels only for his use. I watch it all the time.
Seraphina Nova 5/10/2013
Ten Angels in heaven

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search