Hospital called for second interview

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
That same afternoon of the first interview. I got a call back for a second one. This will be with the executive chef of food service at the hospital. Of course I didn't know I had a message till yesterday evening. I called leaving them a voice mail. Saying I'd be home today till about 9am and then after 8pm tonight. I like the job I got now. But if I get a great offer. I won't be able to refuse it. I never worked in a hospital. This current job is a stepping stone in learning how to work in health care. I am learning about some special diets. But the hospital asked if I had experience in puree diets. No but I can learn if given a chance to try. At the hospital it would not only be elderly I'd deal with. Working for a hospital would be like a career for me. I keep sitting here weighing out the pro's and cons of taking this hospital job if offered it. Yes the hospital would require 40 hours a week from me. Where now I work 32 hours. I was hoping yet not to have to work more than 32 hours a week. But then looked at the money issue. That I'd be making good money. Then I thought about this will be high volume cooking. I never cooked for more than 250 people in one given day. Hospital might have more than 250 people being fed on any given day. But then I thought they probably have other staff designated for helping get this food served to all those people. Meaning tray line staff dishing up plates, people making salads, prep cooks helping us cooks prepare the main part of the meal, bakers making all the breads and desserts on down the line. That this would be a regular production with daily meals. That with all the high volume they must use a lot of packaged or premade products that require little prep time. But then I think about my physical health. Would this hospital job be to physically draining. Would I be constantly tired and feel overworked. Will this job be mentally draining as well. Then one issue. Would I get the shift I like. I'd preferr the day shift. Like 7-3:30 or 6:30-2:30. Based on when the first bus passes through my neighborhood to work weekdays and weekends. I noticed now my days are messed up. I can't do nothing in the morning before work. As I leave at 9:30 week days. Then go home at 7pm. So I don't get to go shopping or anything afterwards. As it's getting near closing time for most stores. So I try to make the most of my days off getting food shopping and other things done. I do think the plusses will out weigh the minuses if I worked for the hospital.
August 11th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to chatterbox_n_floss Send a message via MSN to chatterbox_n_floss Send a message via Yahoo to chatterbox_n_floss
I am very excited that the hospital called back. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you do the second interview and weigh out all your options. Hugs!!
August 11th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck and you'll have to let us know what you decide

Co-host to Thirtysomething Mommies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search