Need some

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm looking to buy a toy box for Freja her toys don't have anywhere to go. WHAT kind of toy box would you reccomend and where did you get it?
February 6th, 2005, 05:47 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly I got a really big wicker basket from Target for Ty. Its really easy for him to access it and was cheaper than any toy box I have seen. He has a nice toy box in his room. Its a wooden one with a hand carved frog on it but that one my parents got an a estate sale.

And yes if you are wondering he has 2 containers of toys. His grandparents spoil him and he has more toys than any kid I know.

February 6th, 2005, 05:52 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I have a Step 2 for each of the kids. I used a wicker basket for a while, but it started splintering off after so long. I will put the link in below of it. I dont have to worry about it falling over on the kids, it has a small bookshelf/toy shelf whatever you want shelf , and I also dont have to worry about the door of the toy box falling and hurting them. The lid goes up "inside" of it when it is open. I love this toy box!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...nce&s=toys&st=*
February 6th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we got ours at Toys R Us. It's Fisher Price or one of the other big brands. The top is lightweight and just lays there; it doesn't lock or anything. So if one of the kids were to climb into the toy box (as if there is EVER room ) it would be no big deal; lots of air and the top is easy to lift. I think this is the prime consideration: you don't want a gorgeous toybox that will hurt their fingers when it inevitably slams shut on someone.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
February 6th, 2005, 06:20 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
my older ds has one like the link above.

Alisha has a toy box from walmart. It is plastic and the lid is really easy to use. It was only like $25-30

February 6th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks much!! In_Mommy does it hold quite a few toys? Freja has soooooo many I kid you not right now they are in a huge stove box LOL
February 7th, 2005, 07:32 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisteal@Feb 6 2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks much!! In_Mommy does it hold quite a few toys? Freja has soooooo many I kid you not right now they are in a huge stove box LOL
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

It holds a TON!! I have not had any problems with stuff not fitting in there. I dont put stuffed animals inside, they sit on top, on the shelf or on the beds. I will see if I can get some pics later and PM them to you. We got DS his for Christmas and we had it special ordered from Menards and picked it up there, it was cheaper than the shipping from Toys R Us. We have a Toys R Us about 45 minutes away and they were out of stock, so it was easier and cheaper for us to have Menards order it since they carry that brand of product. I personally would not get another brand or type. They both received this when they were 12 months and DD was 14 months and neither one has ever gotten hurt on it. We have talked about getting another one to put in the playroom when we get out new house.
February 7th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks much hun!! We'll probably do the special order too then, since you said it was cheaper and Menards is closer then ToyRus to us too. I really like the way this one looks and I think we're going to get it!! Thanks much and please please send pics
February 7th, 2005, 09:19 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the biggest rubber maid storage containers work well. They come in many different colors. They cost around $10:00. My kids had them as they were older & even my grandsons each have a few of them now. The lids are not on them sometimes. But, they are easy for them to throw the toys in.
Works for us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search