Log In Sign Up

When were you ready?


Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
January 30th, 2006, 07:49 AM
mrobinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
To have kids?

My DH and I have known we'd always want to be parents... I was too scared until about the last year and now DH is too worried about money to start trying now. So when did you feel ready enough to try (white knuckle it?)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
January 30th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Hubby2Ali's Avatar Regular
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 51
I'm still not ready and we're three deep...

I think we've always wanted kids. You can't just put it off for this or that or you'll never have any...
__________________
Victor Vito and Freddy Vasco, ate a burrito, with tabasco... Laurie Berkner


<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
  #3  
January 30th, 2006, 03:12 PM
mrobinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
January 30th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Hubby2Ali's Avatar Regular
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 51
I meant to add more but our latest addition thought otherwise.

My wife and I had talked about having this one after she gets out of school, and then after we move into our new house, then after I get started in school, then after my new job starts...etc... You can see how it goes from there. We, instead, decided to just not try to not try and see what happens.
__________________
Victor Vito and Freddy Vasco, ate a burrito, with tabasco... Laurie Berkner


<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
  #5  
January 31st, 2006, 08:40 AM
mrobinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
We, instead, decided to just not try to not try and see what happens.[/b]
I see!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
February 5th, 2006, 06:12 AM
cwipp's Avatar Member
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 15
I don't think we were ever ready, really. She stopped taking her BC and we said,"We'll see what happens". She wasn't really planned, but it's not like we didn't want her, you know?
Anyways, she is 4 months old now and we can't get enough of her or the feeling of being parents.

We are going to start trying again next month in March. That way the baby will be born after Fall Semester so we hopefully won't have to miss our final exams.
__________________
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="down" BGColor=""> </MARQUEE> + =



Reply With Quote
  #7  
February 13th, 2006, 02:45 PM
mrobinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
I don't think we were ever ready, really. She stopped taking her BC and we said,"We'll see what happens". She wasn't really planned, but it's not like we didn't want her, you know?
Anyways, she is 4 months old now and we can't get enough of her or the feeling of being parents.

We are going to start trying again next month in March. That way the baby will be born after Fall Semester so we hopefully won't have to miss our final exams.[/b]
That's awesome! Good luck in March man!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
February 13th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Regular
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7
I don't think I'll ever be ready for children. But I am trying my frickin hardest at being a great dad. Josiah always keeps my guessing. To make a long story short Josiah was a oops baby, bad way to put it but when leah woke me up that morning and told me I had nothin else in my mind but happiness! Now thru that long but seemed short 9 months i read and read and read...I think the day Josiah was born I was ready to be a parent.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
February 13th, 2006, 03:41 PM
mrobinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
I don't think I'll ever be ready for children. But I am trying my frickin hardest at being a great dad. Josiah always keeps my guessing. To make a long story short Josiah was a oops baby, bad way to put it but when leah woke me up that morning and told me I had nothin else in my mind but happiness! Now thru that long but seemed short 9 months i read and read and read...I think the day Josiah was born I was ready to be a parent.[/b]
I'm sure DH will be like that too... but I know we won't have an oops unless H-E-L-L freezes over...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
February 13th, 2006, 07:19 PM
maximize's Avatar Regular
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17
Quote:
I'm still not ready and we're three deep... [/b]
I loved that!

I'm in the same boat — three deep. Difference is I was never "ready" for them to come and less ready for them to go. They're all gone now and living far away. I love them like they were babies though.

I asked my dad that question when I found out we were having our first and he said, "If you wait till you can afford it, you'll never have kids. If think you have to be ready, you won't ever be."

But I do think we could have planned a little better

d
__________________
David Perdew

Learn the secrets of rebuilding relationships with your kids with Bad Dad: 10 Keys to Regaining Trust
Download a Free Report on keeping your Baby safe in all circumstances
World Wanting Peace — Everyone wants peace. Today's a good day to start.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
February 14th, 2006, 09:37 AM
mrobinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
I asked my dad that question when I found out we were having our first and he said, "If you wait till you can afford it, you'll never have kids. If think you have to be ready, you won't ever be."[/b]
How do I talk to him about it without the money issue being put up as a stop sign?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
February 14th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Hubby2Ali's Avatar Regular
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 51
Quote:
Quote:
I asked my dad that question when I found out we were having our first and he said, "If you wait till you can afford it, you'll never have kids. If think you have to be ready, you won't ever be."[/b]
How do I talk to him about it without the money issue being put up as a stop sign?
[/b]

If it comes up, just ask him when you'll ever have enough money. Or, you can go with the, "how much money is it worth to you to have a baby? I can do without cable/movies/something else, I'd just like to continue to add on to our family and there's no time like the present." Either one of these should suffice.
__________________
Victor Vito and Freddy Vasco, ate a burrito, with tabasco... Laurie Berkner


<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote
  #13  
February 14th, 2006, 03:36 PM
mrobinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
February 16th, 2006, 05:26 AM
imsowitty's Avatar Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 41
I've wanted to have kids since I was about 16 (I volunteered at a Daycare and just love kids), My Wife and I got married August 17th (I'm 28 now) November she's pregnant, I'm over joyed and Definatly not ready, I honestly don't think your ever ready but in the end I know it will all be woth it and work out.
__________________
I recently took up ice sculpting. Last night I made an ice cube. This morning I made 12, I was prolific.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
February 20th, 2006, 08:33 PM
maximize's Avatar Regular
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17
Quote:
I've wanted to have kids since I was about 16 (I volunteered at a Daycare and just love kids), My Wife and I got married August 17th (I'm 28 now) November she's pregnant, I'm over joyed and Definatly not ready, I honestly don't think your ever ready but in the end I know it will all be woth it and work out.[/b]
Absolutely! With an attitude like that, you're already ready. Good luck.

dp
__________________
David Perdew

Learn the secrets of rebuilding relationships with your kids with Bad Dad: 10 Keys to Regaining Trust
Download a Free Report on keeping your Baby safe in all circumstances
World Wanting Peace — Everyone wants peace. Today's a good day to start.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
February 26th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 141
I love hearing all of these stories and comments from you dads!!! I don't know any of you buy it I'm sure you all make great fathers!
__________________
Proud Wife & Mother to
2 Boys, 3 Girls & An Angel Baby
They make my world complete!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
February 28th, 2006, 03:47 PM
maximize's Avatar Regular
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17
Quote:
I don't know any of you buy it I'm sure you all make great fathers![/b]
Thanks, but not me. I was a terrible dad — much better now. But I'm a really good grandpa. . .
__________________
David Perdew

Learn the secrets of rebuilding relationships with your kids with Bad Dad: 10 Keys to Regaining Trust
Download a Free Report on keeping your Baby safe in all circumstances
World Wanting Peace — Everyone wants peace. Today's a good day to start.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
May 13th, 2006, 08:51 AM
KCFaninSTL's Avatar Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 32
Our philosophy....

If you wait until you're financialy ready, you'll never have the kids. So, just jump into it! You find a way to make it all work.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
June 4th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: London, Ontario Canada
Posts: 163
Send a message via MSN to nicole1977
I started a new thread, lol Wrong place sorry boys.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #20  
July 17th, 2007, 09:54 AM
kannee's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 219
Quote:
To have kids?

My DH and I have known we'd always want to be parents... I was too scared until about the last year and now DH is too worried about money to start trying now. So when did you feel ready enough to try (white knuckle it?) [/b]
We talked about it for awhile before going ahead with it. I always wanted to be child free by age 50 and I'm 40 now with a 5 yr old stepchild so that idea isn't going to happen.

So what the heck, we did it.
__________________
<div align="center">Come on by the Daddy Lounge, we're having a party!!!</div>
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0