and how was your day today?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2006, 02:40 PM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
day was pretty much okay.

slight bit different to a normal day though ... got phonecall from the dean at Sabrina's school to tell me that she was in a bit of pain cause she got a piece of wood lodged in under her fingernail and it was too far for them to get it out for her.
Apparently she was erasing the blackboard and jumped to reach the top of the board and on her way down slipped and fell and the hand got damaged on the wooden wall on the side ... **ouchie**

So ... called around at the docs who all said "hmmm under the nail? dunno but bring her" ... two regular GPs on standby until missy came to the office (her school is just two buildings away) and I saw it the sliver of wood was literally FULLY UNDER the left pinky fingernail wedged wayyyyy far in.

No way a regular GP would be able to get at that so then I understood the "hmmmmmm"s on the phone ... so my boss and myself packed her in the car and off to Westshore Medical Hospital with her, while she had the finger in a cup of ice which helped ease the pain (however, she had pain even past the wrist and middle of the arm also)

All this time .. kid is calm (in pain but very calm) and mother is anxious LOL .. doing my good old breathing exercises on the way to the hospital while not looking at the bleeding finger cause then I'd get all quezy inside.

anyhoo ... nurses and doc were gems ... kiddo was quite amusing with her chats that she gave to them .
Doc asked for the smallest tweezer that the nurse could get her hands on .. she left the room and returned with a doozee .. "um doctor, there aren't any tweezers"
At this point I kinda remember looking around to make sure I was really in a hospital and not a bakery or a shoeshop cause isn't a tweezer a basic thing to have???
I wasn't the only one cause the look on the doctor's face was priceless too! lol

Anyway .. he decided that next best thing would be to inject the finger at three points to numb it fully and lift the fingernail off so that he could scrape out the splinter(s) << how I imagine my facial expression was at this point!

He did just that and seemed to have gotten all out ... the reason for the pain in her wrist up was because it was lodged so far up that it was pressing on a nerve-ending ... as soon as he removed it all pain disappeared.

Only charged me the emergency room fee because he said Missy had them fully amused ALL of the time and she really did ... oh boy! was she chatty and on a roll today!

She's now at home here with me totally sporting her brand new bandaged finger ... she's sooooooooooo proud of it LOL jiggin' all over the place right now.
Have to get her antibiotics and painkillers in a lil bit and take her for ice cream (that ice cream was HER idea popping out of nowhere just now) .. hmmmm .. she did good tho and was pretty brave cause she only almost bit the nurse only once when the nail was being lifted off

Have to take her back in a couple of days to check if its started healing properly and free of all infection.
If the pain comes back then its a possibility that there could possibly be more wood embedded in the nailbed so another procedure might have to be done.
Keeping fingers crossed that they got everything out this first time.

how's that for a semi-normal day?

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 1st, 2006, 01:24 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
poor sabrina!!! Poor Lisa too!!!!!

My day sucked ..... my son isn't feeling well and so he's cranky and wants to be held all the time so I didn't get anything done .... and then I had plumber problems!

I'm going to bed!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
February 1st, 2006, 08:31 AM
aww hunnee! ((((eemom))))

I hope today gets better for you!

Missy's gone to school (just two buildings from my office) ... she's in a bit of pain but she has her painkiller with her and she took her antibiotic earlier. I'll see how she fared today when she comes over in a bit for lunch with me.

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 1st, 2006, 03:05 PM
kw_5kids's Avatar Super Mommy
Awwww Poor Things ~~~Quick Healing Vibes~~~

My day was uneventful. Just the usual for me cleaning, cleaning and some more ......you guessed it cleaning LOL

I hope that both of your little ones feel better soon
February 3rd, 2006, 01:59 AM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trust me... you don't wanna know what all I went through today... I am literally about to SCREAM... It was THAT bad...
February 3rd, 2006, 05:35 AM
well I'm happy to say that missy's hand is healing up nice.

No more pain!!! YAY!!!

Of course in time I know the nail is going to come off but I'm thankful there's not any more pain for her. I just have to keep reminding her to still be VERY careful with it since it's still open to infection and can get hooked up on stuff. Kids!!! she just never sits quiet LOL

Took her back hospital and it's healing pretty nicely plus there isn't any infection so far so another YAY!!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
February 6th, 2006, 03:44 PM
angiemoffett's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well that's good! It just sounds so painful though!

February 7th, 2006, 01:12 PM
kiddo's got a fully healed finger now!!!

pretty much stopped hurting since two days after she got it but it's even lost all discoloration!

Kids heal soooooooooo fast!!!

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
March 18th, 2006, 05:28 PM
mommytobailie's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to mommytobailie
my day was pretty good.. been raining here in Texas pretty much all day.. just being lazy and cleaned my house some and need to do laundry, but will probably do that tomorrow...

<a href="http://www.GlitterMaker.com/</a>

Kara- 26 years old
Ben - 27 years old
Married March 9th 2001
Bailie- 4 years old
March 21st, 2006, 03:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
How was my day Monday. Oh very very busy at work. Very stressfull. I am still very tired from work yesterday. Have a headache right now. But I'm sure it will pass as soon as I am fully awake. I got the 6am-2:30pm shift today. Then am off the next 2 days.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search