thought id come in here to ask a question

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2006, 11:35 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i just wanna say that i dont think all guys cheat..so please dont get offened because i dont mean that but i have a question..from your point of view why do guys cheat/flirt with other girls when there already taken? i cant seem to get the answer...i no flirting is just flirting but its bad enough..flirting can lead to talking on the phone then lead to more things..so why do guys do it? are they unhappy? just bored? or looking for someone new....

February 1st, 2006, 05:49 PM
Hubby2Ali's Avatar Regular
Well, guys cheating and guys flirting are two separate things alltogether. There are a lot of reasons why some guys do both of them. First, we'll explore flirting. Some guys flirt just because it's a natural thing that all people are born with. Some don't let it surface but most people do. It's just a fun thing to do. The funny thing is that most guys flirt with guys and girls with girls too but we don't call it flirting, we call it being sociable. How far each person decides to take flirting is up to the people involved. Guys also flirt, like women, when their self esteem isn't so high. They don't see themselves as desirable so they check to see how others feel about them. This, too, only goes as far as people allow.

Cheating... that's a whole new ballgame but for some of the same reasons. Guys will cheat for the rush of doing something wrong, for the esteem boost, becase they're unhappy, the list goes on and on. Oddly enough, some guys will even cheat because they don't know how to say no. Guys don't usually think about how something they do will look to their significant other while they're doing it. They could see nothing wrong with giving a girl a ride home from work every day, then the girl asking to take him to lunch as a payback. Then they get stuck and don't know how to get out of the mess they're in. Keep in mind that we guys aren't very in touch with feelings of other people for the most part....also, some of us are just #*@holes... you just have to find one of the good ones. When it comes to a partner, the best advice I can give anyone is to not settle. You wouldn't do it for something you eat, why do it for someone you would like to spend the rest of your life with?

<div align="center"></div>
February 13th, 2006, 03:34 PM
angiemoffett's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
When it comes to a partner, the best advice I can give anyone is to not settle. You wouldn't do it for something you eat, why do it for someone you would like to spend the rest of your life with?[/b]
Very well said!

February 13th, 2006, 08:14 PM
maximize's Avatar Regular
This goes both ways.

I have very strong feelings about this, especially since my first wife had affairs with my best friend each time we moved to a new state! Three times! This was the mother of my children! I was a sap for trying to make it work, but . . .

So, when you say "Why do guys cheat?", a better question is why isn't the relationship enough? It took me years to realize that I contributed to her cheating. I wasn't the easiest person to live with. I worked too hard and didn't pay enough attention to her or the kids. While I NEVER condone cheating, I no longer condone bad relationships either. It just doesn't have to be.

I agree with you — flirting isn't good either. And it can lead to cheating.

I'm married to a woman now that I would never dream of hurting. Flirting and, of course, cheating hurts the most. (I wrote about her by the way on my blog for Valentine's Day here.)

If someone in the relationship is straying in anyway, stop it by setting boundaries and improving your relationship. Nothing is more sexy than honesty.

dp

Learn the secrets of rebuilding relationships with your kids with Bad Dad: 10 Keys to Regaining Trust
Download a Free Report on keeping your Baby safe in all circumstances
World Wanting Peace — Everyone wants peace. Today's a good day to start.
February 16th, 2006, 06:33 AM
imsowitty's Avatar Member
I'm not sure how much I can help, I'm a little different. I've never cheated in my life because My First puppy love cheated and it broke my heart, Almost every girlfiend I've had has cheated on me and it hurts, I don't want to put someone through that. But, My Wife says I'm the biggest flirt on the planet, So do most my Exes and friends, Personally I don't see it. I'm a real outgoing guy I like having lots of friends and about half are women and like meeting new people. I chat with them on occaision But would never even consider doing anything. Plus My wife way hotter
February 21st, 2006, 08:29 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks you guys for the replys!!!..

February 26th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Crystal_n_Andrew's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal_n_Andrew
I just wanted to add to this because I think this is a really good question. I think that people in general get along with the opposite sex better than the same sex. It is just easier because you know tehre is no competetion, and sometimes in that friendship you grow feelings and then people allow them selves to be set in a routine that makes them closer. Although I do not agree with cheating, it is easier to happen with a good friend. ( I know I didnt say that exactly the way I wanted to but I hope you got the point.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search