carpel tunnel

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2006, 04:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Does anyone know about this? The top of my wrist hurts all the way up my pointer and middle finger. But I thought carpel tunnel was under the wrist. Is it still possibly carpel tunnel
February 2nd, 2006, 06:47 PM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
when i was pregnant with my last my hands and arms would go numb and they hurt constantly.my finger tips were always numb. the pain was all the way up into my shoulder and neck and they told me it was carpal tunnel. so it might possibly be. i have permanent nerve damage in my right sholder from it. i always thought it was just your wrist too....

congrats on the new baby!!!
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
February 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Not really sure, but I started getting pains in my hands and switched to the ergonomic keyboard and the pain was gone, almost the same day I bought the new keyboard. It's a little weird at first, getting used to it, but I can hadly type on a regular one now.
February 5th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Carpal Tunnel can cause pain and numbness in your fingers, wrists and arms. You should get it checked out.

February 6th, 2006, 12:45 AM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It can be above or below...

I am at high risk for needing the surgery within the next two years. My job requires LOTS of typing (on average six hours a day MINIMUM of typing)... mix that with emails to family/friends, forums, chatting, etc...

I get sore wrists, numb fingers, etc... It's not fun!
February 7th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to 4pointmommy
Yeah it sounds like Carpel Tunnel (sp) I've been told it occurs with a LOT of moms and I'm not sure why. My midwife couldn't even tell me why. I had no problems whatsoever when I was pregnant with my son but as SOON as I got pregnant with my daughter, my fingers would start going numb if I was knitting or something. So I asked my midwife about it at my next apt. And she diagnosed it as that. She even said that if it got worse or didn't subside after I had my daughter that I could op for surgery. it was THAT bad. Its actually worse now than it was before but I have chosen different routes than surgery. I've had 2 cesarians and I don't care to be CUT anymore than I have to, if you know what I mean. I type A LOT in my job as well (though no where near 6 hours a day that's just crazy *lol*) so it bothers me to type or write or life things. My arms upper and lower have gotten a lot weaker from not being able to work out and lift heavier things. Makes me feel like a weakling. But its not my fault. Don't feel bad. Its not abnormal, and it can be treated. Not to say that it can be completely gone, but it can be treated one way or another. Look into it if it bothers you too much. Good luck and God bless!!

Want To Have A Healthier Financial Freedom?
Rebecca Newman

Have a Great Day & God Bless!!!
February 8th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
i had carpel tunnel in my right hand well it still bothers me a little i had the surgery a few yrs ago it has gotten better. now its starting to affect my left hand.i would have it checked out. i had the same thing as you.then the numbness kicked in with the tingles.
February 9th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Does anyone know about this? The top of my wrist hurts all the way up my pointer and middle finger. But I thought carpel tunnel was under the wrist. Is it still possibly carpel tunnel[/b]

If you type a ton if could be, I had some of the same issues and years ago I got one of thoses split keyboard, its been a life saver. it took a while to get used to, but now I cold never go back.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search