Miss any work?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2006, 08:01 AM
cwipp's Avatar Member
I almost got fired from my old job because I was missing too many days due to my wife having a rough pregnancy. I ended up getting suspened for 3 days without pay so I quit and got a new job. Now I'm missing days still because she gets sick easily and we have no one around to help out during working hours.

Curious if any other dads have experienced this problem. Feel free to chime in.

February 5th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Hubby2Ali's Avatar Regular
Luckily, my job allows me to work from home if I need to so I could miss the days when she was sick. I missed a week and almost a half when our daughter was born and they didn't have any problems. Another reason that I love my job.

<div align="center"></div>
February 13th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Regular
I think jobs and companies should be more conforming with pregnacies. Paternity leave, aka guys maternity leave, should be a given benifit right away but certian companies only allow it after you've been there for a year. Personally i think thats unfair. I was a new hire when Josiah was born (Jan3rd 06) and took 4 day absence and i was penalized becasue of my abcense. Theres so many circumstances where when the mother and child get discharged form the hospital and the mother can't help the child say after a extremly long labor say 24 hr or more...or persay a c-section. I would think i'd be pretty hard to take care of yourself and the baby.

I dunno, those are just my thoughts. I was just a lil upset that i couldn't spend anymore time with my wife and newborn after we got out of the hospital.

Take care guys

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search