Do you feel...

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Hubby2Ali's Avatar Regular
Like more of a wuss now that you have a little child in the house? Evelyn is our third child so it's not that new baby smell. It could be the fact that she's the first girl, but it's hard to be as "manly" with her looking at me with those googly eyes. I'm such a softie. I hope that goes away when she gets old enough to start thinking about dating... I have an image to uphold.

Does this happen to anyone else?

<div align="center"></div>
February 8th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Regular
I can deffinetly relate to this...With me being all covered in tattoos and peircings some would say i'm a hard ***** kinda guy but ever since Josiah came into our lives I can't help but to get a lil misty eyed when josiah is just chillin out or sleeping...Its really hard to look "manly" while walking thru the mall with a burp rag on your should that you forgot outwhile walking from the car...then to the resturant then thru the shoe store....lol
February 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
cwipp's Avatar Member
I am like two totally different people when I am at work as an electrician and at home with my daughter. My heart grows so much everytime I see her smile at me.
It's really something when I peek over her crib in the morning and her eyes light up when she sees me.

I thank God every day for her.

I don't really ever feel like a "wuss", but the sensitivity is there.

February 10th, 2006, 07:57 PM
maximize's Avatar Regular
I'm sure I felt like a "wuss" too, but I don't remember much of it. I do remember laying in the bed with baby (each of the three) and just looking at them. It was always a marvel to me that they were even there.

But somehow, as they grew up, I wanted to make sure they (the boys that is) had none of the "wuss" stuff in them. So they didn't see it in me. That was a mistake. It's important to let the kids in on the emotional stuff too.

I feel like a "wuss" now, even though they're grown. I get misty-eyed all the time It gets embarrassing, but my wife has learned to live with it. I always cry before she does. I even wrote about it on my blog.

I really think we all need to embrace our "wuss-ness" more, but it's still embarrassing in our society!

dp

Learn the secrets of rebuilding relationships with your kids with Bad Dad: 10 Keys to Regaining Trust
Download a Free Report on keeping your Baby safe in all circumstances
World Wanting Peace — Everyone wants peace. Today's a good day to start.
February 11th, 2006, 08:38 AM
cwipp's Avatar Member
You see? That's the problem...society. Why should we be embarrassed about how we act with or in front of our families?

February 11th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Quote:
You see? That's the problem...society. Why should we be embarrassed about how we act with or in front of our families?[/b]
Oh, don't get it twisted, I don't care what other people think about it... I'm just saying.

February 11th, 2006, 04:26 PM
maximize's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Oh, don't get it twisted, I don't care what other people think about it... I'm just saying. [/b]
Sorry — didn't mean to open the "society" can of worms. I'm just saying . . . Boys don't cry.

This boy does even when it's uncomfortable.

d

Learn the secrets of rebuilding relationships with your kids with Bad Dad: 10 Keys to Regaining Trust
Download a Free Report on keeping your Baby safe in all circumstances
World Wanting Peace — Everyone wants peace. Today's a good day to start.
February 11th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, don't get it twisted, I don't care what other people think about it... I'm just saying. [/b]
Sorry — didn't mean to open the "society" can of worms. I'm just saying . . . Boys don't cry.

This boy does even when it's uncomfortable.

d
[/b]
So do I. It's kinda funny because I'm a pretty big guy and if people see me get weepy, they usually...just walk away.

February 11th, 2006, 05:44 PM
cwipp's Avatar Member
Didn't get it twisted, just going on one of my tangents! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search