How many people used

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ryryandmom Send a message via Yahoo to ryryandmom
How many people used a walker with there kids????

I was reading on a website that walkers arent good for babies ? It was saying how it doesnt build up there hip muscl. Now Rylee loves her walker and it is the only thing that keeps her entertained and happy for a while, toys dont do it. Just wanted to how many other moms used one with there babies.
August 12th, 2004, 07:29 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
How many people used a walker with there kids????

I did (10 years ago). We were living on the second floor in this apt building and the only way to the stairs was even the skinniest person had to turn sideways to get to the door because of a space heater and a chair. So I knew that a walker wouldn't get thru. My mother lectured me left and right because she worked for a pediatrician at the time and lectured me statistics. But you know what, nothing happened to my son.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
August 12th, 2004, 07:38 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My second daughter used one, but it wasn't the kind where the kid sits in it and scoots around, well it could turn into that but this one was an actual walker made for babies. It was great for Anika's physical therapy.

</div>
August 12th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
Avery loved his he would even fall asleep in it lol. Jess didnt really like his. I used to put them on a low enough setting so they could stand up and just use it for balance.

August 12th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
I used one for our son. He loved it. But went down the steps in it once. Well I had him upstairs while I was cleaning. We had a big giant schauzer dog. She got really wound up. Follows us upstairs. She kept running back and forth between the 2 rooms. Some how pushed our son part way down the steps. He came out without a mark on him.
August 12th, 2004, 08:35 PM
klein.Mama.mich's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to klein.Mama.mich Send a message via Yahoo to klein.Mama.mich
Derric used one for about 2 months.. He loved it, but was just too tall for it.

I heard the same thing about it being bad for babies, I did some checking, it is alright for them as long as you can adjust the height so they are mostly standing for themselves.. It took me about 2 months to find one that Derric could use, and then we had it on the 4th setting for the two months he had it..
Family Website | Photos | Memories of Yesterday</span>

August 12th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used them for my two older kids. They loved them! As far as the safety concern, be smart about it. Don't let them use them near steps, and if you have steps, you should have them gated anyway. If you have something on the stove, don't let the baby in the kitchen.

My kids walked just fine also, no problems with anything.

We did use one with Ben when we went to family and he used it outside. Our house is too small to accomodate a walker now.

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
August 12th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
I'm in Canada too so like Lillysue didn't have one, but an exersaucer yes...Victoria liked it...I didn't use it too much...We used a jolly jumper for her too. She loved that and would often fall asleep in it rocking back and forth! We've got a picture somewhere of her passed right out with her nose squished on the side! It was hilarious...S/O and I couldn't stop laughing!

If you check out My Webpage You'll see some pics of us.
August 12th, 2004, 11:28 PM
zonapellucida
I did--they didn't have exersaucers when my oldests were born
August 13th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
Blah Blah...someone is going to find something wrong with something. I think that if you are responsible about how your children use one and don't just put them in it and let them go, they are fine. Owen doesn't even move his around because of the carpet. He just plays with the toys and stands in it.
August 13th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Rylee&#39;sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee&#39;sMommy03
Rylee has an exersaucer with 3 legs and two wheels. It can only move in a circle and she loves it.
August 13th, 2004, 05:21 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I just used an exersaucer with both of mine. They didn't like it very much

August 13th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used a walker with both of my boys. They are both physically fit and have no problems running or jumping ect. I remember they both loved to be mobile in it. I was always near and we never had any accidents.

Co-host to Thirtysomething Mommies
August 13th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ryryandmom Send a message via Yahoo to ryryandmom
We have hard wood floors and Rylee just roams around, but we are really safe, we watch her like a hawk and gate everything she could get hurt doing.

Quote:
Blah Blah...someone is going to find something wrong with something.[/b]
That is so true, pretty soon, almost everything will be bad and kids will have no life. I say, do what you think is good for your kids.
August 13th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Goodnu2003's Avatar Veteran
I used a walker for both my kids and they too are just fine...Now that dd is crawling and moving around very well she doesnt even want to get in hers anymore...So it will be soon enough that I will pass it on the someone else that uses them....!!

August 13th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HippyChickKelly
I think the prob with those things is that parents use them but dont watch ther ekids!!
I think you have to watch your kid with just about anything!!
my kids never liked them unless we were at someone eslse house!!
(and no one had the walkers mostly the Excersaucers!)
~Kelly
August 13th, 2004, 10:39 AM
threeboyznme70's Avatar Veteran
used one with all 3 of my boys. I think the problem arises when people put their kids in them for long stretches of time on daily basis. I could totally see how anything used inappropriately could hinder development.

Liam was generally in his long enough for me to ... load the dishwasher, eat dinner (if he wasnt' eating with us), take a shower ... but really probably never longer than 30 minutes and I can say sometimes it sat unused for days on end. It looked nearly new when it fried in my niece's house fire.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search