Outing with Girls.

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Armywife
is is Ok to go out with your girlfriends to a club? As long as you are behaving in an appropriate manner and Staying with them and not paying attention to men at all?
August 13th, 2004, 07:52 PM
oreokitten
YES!! I did this last summer. Although when I was out I missed Brian and wished he was there too. Someone had to stay with Brielle so we couldn't go together, but of course it's ok.
August 14th, 2004, 11:22 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do not think it is a good ideal for men or women to go out to Clubs or Bars with out their partners. I have my own reasons for feeling this way!

My Ex use to live in the bars.He would work seconds then get off work and not come home untill the bars closed. He is an alcoholic. Then he would come home and be loud & my children & Myself went through hell! So, I`m not for the drinking stuff at all. And he was out with his guy friends!!!!

I THANK GOD I have a hubby that does not get into the going out to bars with his friends like that.....
My hubby & I are not into drinking. So, we really do not care for the bars or clubs.

We do other things with our friends........like bowling, out to dinner, movies.
I go out for lunch & shop with my friends. Just visit...But, we do not drink!

I knew couples (when I was with my Ex) that would go out to bars & clubs with out one another all the time....They did not have very good relationships!

I guess it is in what you like and in some cases what you will tolerate!

August 16th, 2004, 10:14 AM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Armywife@Aug 13 2004, 09:47 PM
is is Ok to go out with your girlfriends to a club? As long as you are behaving in an appropriate manner and Staying with them and not paying attention to men at all?
Yes I think it is ok. I actually get pretty buzzed though, but I act appropriate! LOL. We love to dance, so we go clubbin. I usually don't see my friends for a while, so we plan a night out which includes dinner and a club. We laugh histerically over everything....I don't laugh that hard with dh...it's that girl talk that gets us rollin!!!

I can't say I don't pay attention to men at all. Usually some guy will ask me to dance or a guy will join us girls if we are all out there dancing together. Heck me and friend joined a band on stage one night dancing next to the singer...he was hot!! I had fun, but I didn't touch...but my single friend may have LOL!!! But I don't ignore men, but we tend to all just mingle and dance and have fun. I've never had a guy ask me to his place or whatever and I wear my wedding ring. But we do dance.
August 16th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Armywife
I had mine Saturday....it was so much fun!!! my friends are so fun to be with and our husbands were in Iraq together so they are in the same unit and together everyday. We drank and danced with each other and we all have 3 kids there are 5 of us we just felt like we could be ourselves and have a good time together. Sure, guys came and talked to us but we told them we are married with 3 kids...and they would leave us alone!!! After all...it was just GIRL TIME!!! And I totally believe in it!!! It is a remedy that no doctor could ever prescribe!!! Laughing and having a girl night out is so nice!!!
August 17th, 2004, 04:30 PM
YankeeMom
I don't see anything wrong with it either. So long as you are both secure in your relationship and trusting of each other
August 24th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
IMHO I don't think that it is a good idea. I would never do it, and neither would my DH.
August 24th, 2004, 01:47 PM
ranidae
My SIL and I go out sometimes to one of two bars, neither would really considered a "club" mainly a bunch of old men and Mom's out playing pool or darts. SIL loves darts (I cant throw worth a crud but it is fun to see where they fly sometimes LOL) and I love to play pool. Neither of us gets drunk but we will have a few drinks, Jon drops us off and picks us up.
I think it is fine to go out along but I wouldnt let jon go to a "meat market" nor would I go.
August 24th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HippyChickKelly
I think its ok!! as long as your s/o knows where you are going!
I have gone just to get out before and WE have fun!!
(I do think if you do it a lot then its diff but I go maybe 2 times a year!!)
~Kelly
August 25th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Squirtsmama
yes i think it fine
August 25th, 2004, 08:56 AM
zonapellucida
Absolutely
August 25th, 2004, 11:21 AM
TheGeneralsGal
I am AOK with it and so is DH.
August 25th, 2004, 11:39 AM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
The last time I went out to a bar by with a bunch of girls without my DH was to a strip club....whoo hoo....I didnt drink ( I was designated driver), I didnt put money into G-strings (I never have out of all the years that I have been going, I used to work for a bunch of men), and I go straight home afterwards. So I personally do not think it is an issue.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
August 31st, 2004, 06:48 AM
Shasta's Avatar Veteran
IMO I don't think it's a good idea.
September 2nd, 2004, 06:22 AM
Ma2RayPooh
i think it is ok. everyone needs time out to theirselves. i go out every now and then to bars and or clubs. so does dh. heck one time we didnt have rayanne for the weekend and he went out with his friend and i went out with jessica...lol he ended up stopping in at the bar we were at but still we were mostly at two differnt places that night. he knows where i go and i know where he goes
September 3rd, 2004, 12:57 PM
MinnesotaMommy
I do it quit often with girlfriends. ANd i behave myself and dh does not mind.
September 3rd, 2004, 01:22 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
I havent had a girls night out, probally since I got married...*lol* and Im fine with that.
Every once in a while my best friend will come over and we will go out to get some lunch, but that is like once in a blue moon.

I personally would not want my hubby to go to a club, or a bar without me. I dont really have to worry about that because he doesnt drink.
We have our vacations where we will leave the kids with the grandparents for the weekend and we will go out and occasionaly we might get a drink.

I just would not feel right going to a club, bar or place like this w/o my hubby. I dont know why, but I just woudnlt feel right about it.

However,My dh and I have a great time when we do things together. We go to peoples houses (Like his co-workers) and we take our son, and their kisd are there and we have a great time.
We use to go bowling and stuff as well. I think spending time together, whether with or without kids is great!~

The best is when my mom kept jaden one night and we had a REAL DATE~

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

September 4th, 2004, 01:01 PM
I Heart 4x4
To each their own. I don't do it, and neither does DH.
September 23rd, 2004, 06:37 AM
Veteran
I see no reason to fly in the face of temptation. Alcohol reduces your inhibitions and good judgement goes out the window.
My late husband was a barfly and it really got old. Thank God my present husband stays out of the bars and so do I. If we go out we go together.
October 10th, 2004, 12:25 PM
dejasmommy143's Avatar Super Mommy
Definately, but men just dont think so, they do it though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search