One year ago today....

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Were you effected? What do you remember?

We were at the aquarium with the kids. My first thought was of a fire.. Peter first thought of terrorism.

It was actually a lot of fun. Most of the ride home was on the expressway, so the lack of traffic lights didn't matter. When we did hit a light, there were already 3 guys directing traffic. We threw some food on the BBQ and went for a swim-- it was an incredibly muggy night. We always have flashlights around, so we put one in the bathroom and just left it on. We put Brian and our 16 year old visiting niece on the sofa bed, and brought Julia's toddler bed down to the living room; Kira went into the playpen. It was a little crowded in there, but that added to the fun. Through the open windows we could hear people talking long into the night.

We finally got power at about 3pm the next day.
MOM TO BRIAN (6-18-98)
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
August 14th, 2004, 05:34 PM
I Heart 4x4
No, we were not affected, since we live on the west coast. I remember a similar blackout here in southern California about 8 or so years ago. That was a lot of fun, too, LOL.
August 14th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Janelle's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Janelle Send a message via Yahoo to Janelle
I was in california didnt effect us there!!

August 14th, 2004, 05:37 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I was very lucky. In northern Ohio, the power was out. I missed it by like 40 miles....
stay at home, homeschooling momma to Jacob(12), Alisha(10), Andrew (5)

August 15th, 2004, 05:36 AM
It sucked
We had just moved to NY (aug 1st) and it had taken them until Aug 12 or 13 just to get our cable/roadrunner hooked up (still had no phone but cells ). I was so TICKED!!! We didn't even have our cable & internet for a full 48hrs and it was gone again (after having gone without it for almost a month btw moving from AL to NY and living out of hotels)

We were lucky though, the power went out around 2-3pm it was back on by 8pm
August 15th, 2004, 01:42 PM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
I remember. Josh was 6 weeks old, and it was my brothers birthday. The power wnet out, and my first thought was, "Well, I guess we're going to Wendy's for dinner." But the entire area was out, so that didn't work. We spent lots of time outside with our neighbors talking while the kids played. We joked that it should happen more often - we actually got to know one another!
August 15th, 2004, 05:16 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
It didnt effect us and we live in New Hampshire.But I do remember it
<div align="center"> </div>
<div align="center"> Proud wife to Steve and mom to Adrian </div>
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
August 15th, 2004, 05:51 PM
A year ago I went to Colorado and it was a HECK of a trip because of the blackout I spent the night in the Atlanta airport!....sorry just reminiscing I hope y'all don't mind!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search