In-Laws...GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2006, 03:48 PM
CeiCei's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to CeiCei Send a message via MSN to CeiCei Send a message via Yahoo to CeiCei
My MIL is starting to get on my nerves. I swear if it wasn’t for my husband I would tell her off. I keep my cool, however. It never fails. We go over to her house and she wants to tell us how to do everything. My little man likes to suck on his fingers (like all babies do) we let him because he tends to get really upset about it. Plus since he refuses to take a pacifier it seems to be our only choice to calm him down. Anyhow, she won’t let him suck on his fingers so he will get upset everytime we go over there. She can’t help but talk about how he has a temper. Oh yeah, that he is going to be hell to handle later. HE IS 4 MONTHS OLD NOT 2 YEARS OLD! Give me a ###### break. Then she can’t help but to complain about the fact that we bought him a pair of shoes that are little big on him. We bought the shoes like that because we want him to grow into them and he actually wears a 1/2 size when we get his shoes from Wal-Mart. One size is too small and the other is too big. Anyhow, she loves to make the comment of how it looks funny on him, but it doesn’t. I get pissed off because my BIL loves to say things like “My little man doesn’t cry all the time. He’s not whiny”. My MIL also makes comments how she doesn’t like “whiny” babies, yet quick to tell me that the reason he has a temper is because I let him cry. For goodness sakes woman! I was putting him in his car seat. Now if I just went ahead and held him in the front see for no real reason other than breastfeeding him, she would complain about that too. She complained how she spent $100 for two pairs of shoes. Yet, in my mind that is way too much for children not even a year old.

For a while I wanted to try and go back to work, but now I am rethinking it. It costs a fortune to put him in daycare and to ask his family worries me. They all complain about not wanting to take care of children that cry a lot. Ernest doesn’t really cry a lot. For the most part he is a very good baby. He cries like all babies. He cries when he’s hungry, needs his diaper changed, or is sleepy. Oh yeah, when he can’t suck on his fingers. Other than that I can go a whole day without him shedding a tear. Saturday I am going to a Mardi Gras Ball. At first my husband wanted me to see if his sister would babysit for us, but I would much rather have my sister babysit. Although my sister and I have our moments at least I don’t have to hear her tell me how to take care of a baby (especially since I have taken care of her’s). Nor do I have to worry about her not following my directions. She doesn’t complain about him always crying. She doesn’t rush and give him back because of it. She at least will take the time out to try and calm him down first. His family gets a bit edgy and impatient. They are judgmental and act too high society for me. They expect babies to be perfect or something and that just drives me nuts.

Anyhow, I just had to vent. I feel better now. Thanks for listening. Sorry my venting seems so jumbled up and all.

My Three Princes: Cordell (23 y/o), Ernest (5 y/o), Robert (4 y/o)

February 17th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to sassyheather Send a message via Yahoo to sassyheather
vent away my mother in law i sthe same way and i can get so frusterated at times so it sgood to know that i am not alone and for you to know i know where you are coming from,
February 18th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Go ahead and vent girl!! I'm sure everyone can relate!! If they don't have the MIL from Helllllo.. its another family member or friend..

Mine likes to tell me how much she liked all the ex-girlfriends... or she rambles on and on about doing this to babies and doing that to babies and then says "Are you doing that?"

As a matter of fact.. Mine made the same comments to me and everyone else about my dd like your mil is making to you.. and then had the nerve to complain about how she never gets to see my dd enough..
Well HELLO lady!! You said it yourself.. you would not watch her.. so why are you now complaining that I'm mean and never let you watch her?!?!?!?!?!?

Becky
February 18th, 2006, 02:28 PM
~Casey~'s Avatar GraceNorraJennaMomma
Send a message via MSN to ~Casey~
Oh boy! She sounds like a real piece of work! You should tell her that babies put their handsin their mouth at that age because they are learning how to use their hands. I don't look at crying as a bad thing at all. If Grace didn't cry sometimes I wouldn't know that she needed anything. HUGS!!! My MIL told me that I should switch my 5 month old over to 2% cow's milk because she has been constipted. Uh, HELLO! I tried explaining why that would not be happening and it was like she couldn't hear me because she kept saying, "oh, well you may just have to do it anyway." Ummmm, nope, I don't think I will. LOL!

February 18th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
\it is always easy to complain about someones elses child.. I bet she learned as she went when raising her kids.. That is part of being a mother.. You learn as you go.. And after being married 9 years I know where you are coming from about your MIL.. Mine is the witch of all witches.... I think it should be your choice on the matter of him sucking his fingers not hers.. And tell her this...... I had to stand up to my MIL... She stopped coming around.. Then we moved out of town and then moved back... Now she tries to kiss our butt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search