Honor Moms and enter to win a trendsetting Mommy Tee by Glamajama!

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2009, 05:34 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
What does mother’s day mean to you? What are your fondest memories of your mom or being a mother?

Reply to this thread and enter for a chance to win one of these two hip, cute T-shirts by Glamajama.com now through May 14! Six winners will be chosen randomly.

These adorable Mommy Tee’s are all the rage in Hollywood – Oprah, Britney Spears and Lisa Rinna have all been spotted in their Glamajama gear.
See more Glamajama goods!

Good luck and Happy Mother’s Day from the JustMommies Team!

Rules & Regulations

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
May 7th, 2009, 10:34 AM
aamom2004's Avatar Veteran
Mother's Day, to me, means honoring the woman who gave you life and teh one who would give anything to see you happy. It is the one day to give back.

The fondest memory I have of me and my mom... hmmm.... one thing comes to mind. When my mom took me to an empty parking lot to teach me how to drive a stick shift car. We laughed so hard taht I thought one of us was going to pee in our pants. It is fun times like this, when my mom felt also like my friend and not just my mom, that makes me love her even more.

Also, all of the things she has done for me and my first two kids when we had absolutely nothing can never be forgotten.

May 7th, 2009, 04:23 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
Mother's day to me...

Mother's day was just another day before I became a mom. I have always given my mom a card or some sort of gift, but we dont have the greatest relationship. So it wasnt that big of a thing. After becomming a mom it means so much more. Its a day to think about what it means to be a mom. I love being a mom. It has made me a better person. Its amazing how such a tiny little person can change your life forever. My fondest memory - its hard to name just one. I think the day I had my daughter. Just finally seeing this little person thats been growing inside you for all this time. In that moment you become a mother. It just hits you right then. Seeing her tiny little face and holding my little girl. Thats my fondest memory.

May 7th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Jasons_Mommy's Avatar I love my little man!!
Send a message via AIM to Jasons_Mommy
so what does Mothers day mean to me? Before I became a mom i never really thought of mothers day as much. We always celebrated as a family and honored our mothers but it was more or less just a tradition. I became a mommy 3 months earlier then exspected which happen to be 3 days before mothers day. I was estatic to be a mommy and celebrate my first mothers day so soon. But still mothers day was just another day, and now a year later, and Im approaching my 2nd mothers day I realize it isnt just another day it is a time to celebrate not only being a mom but being a friend, being a doctor in their times of need, being their stress. Mothers day in my opinion is a day to celebrate the smiles and the tears you encounted. To laugh at all the dumb mistakes you made. Mothers day is a day to realize without you our childrens puzzle would not be complete.

I WILL EDIT FOR SPELLING IN THE AM

Thank you Sara(misfitinmn) for my siggy!!
May 8th, 2009, 09:04 AM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
I was soooo happy when I found out i was gonna be a mom. Love just doesnt explain what i feel for my girls. I love to hear the random "i love you mommy" 's i get on a daily basis. My 5 year old is writing a book in school for their "celebrating minds at work" exhibition (which is next week) and they had to make a dedication page for it, and she picked me. I love being able to spend time with them & do "girly" things with them. They mean the world to me, and especially over the past months since i broke my ankle, they have been the biggest helpers for me and never complained once!!

May 9th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Danielley08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Growing up Mother's Day was always just one of "those" days...you buy a card...everyone signs and Dad would pick up flowers on his way home from work...of course we loved our mom...but as a kid if we didn't get anything on the holiday then it must not have been too important (typical spoiled kid mentality)...

But now that I am a mom...I see Mother's Day through a whole new view...instead of just calling my mom once on that day...I go out of my way to call her a few times (I live a few hours away now)...I try to send her a card that truly expresses how I feel...how glad I am that she is my mom...how thankful I am for all the sacrifices she made...and how lucky I was to have her growing up...I try to send her a gift that I know she will truly appreciate...something that actually took a little bit of time and thought...

One of my most memorable memories of my mom was actually one of my saddest...I decided at 17 that I was going to be joining the military...so I talked to a recruiter and convinced my mom and dad to sign the paperwork (since I wasn't 18 yet) and enlisted the Aug of my Senior year of high school...I think deep down my mom thought I'd never go through with it...but sure enough...11 months later I was at my recruiters office headed to Basic Training...throughout my ENTIRE life I never saw my mom cry...not even tear up...but as we said our goodbyes that day my mom choked up and I could see the tears in her eyes...without even saying anything she showed just how much she truly loved me...

I love my mommy

(Boys' birthdays are backwards...lol)
~Thank you to claire1979 for my siggy~
May 10th, 2009, 11:02 AM
To me, Mother's Day is a great reminder of how much I appreciate my mom and all the other mom's in my life. It's also a time when I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be a mother myself. I'm blessed with a wonderful little boy and a great family. One of my favorite Mother's Day memories was last year when I was pregnant with my son. During church they asked all the moms to stand up, and I was so proud to have my little boy growing inside of me.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you awesome mommies out there!
May 11th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In the past year, Mother's Day means more to me than it used to...On March 8, 2008, my mom lost her battle with small cell carcinoma. On October 27, 2008, we lost our little one when I miscarried. After a rough year, I now know that being a mom is the most important thing in my world, not because I am a mom, but, because I see the importance of being a mom. My mom shaped and developed me into the mom that I am. She was my biggest cheerleader and my most honest critic. She always made her children feel special and important, and, we never wondered if we were loved. I know my job as a mom is the same. My children should always know how special that they are. They should feel that they are important and, most of all, loved! It's my job to help develop them into wonderful and caring adults...like my mom did for her children.

On this Mother's Day, my mom was watching over me with my little angel. And, I was reminded that I'm lucky and I'm blessed. My new little one will never know her, but, her love is immortal. It will live within her family forever. And, I'm a better mom because of it.

May 11th, 2009, 03:58 PM
KaylaMeow's Avatar Canned Spontaneity
Send a message via MSN to KaylaMeow Send a message via Yahoo to KaylaMeow
Mothers Day is a chance that we all get to make our moms feel special for being the wonderful people that they are! So often, we tend to take them for granted, so this day helps us to remember to treat them like they should be treated!

My favorite memory of a Mother's Day is my very first Mother's Day. My son was about five months old, and my husband let me sleep in by using some of the breastmilk from the freezer to feed our son, brought me breakfast in bed, and gave me a foot rub while I ate! Later that day, we all went for a walk in the gardens down at the local park. There are all kinds of gardens with TONS of flowers! A lilac garden, a rose garden, a courtyard garden just like in the olden days, a Japanese garden... you name it, they have it! It was a wonderful walk, and a great way to spend the day with my family!
May 13th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Ryleeroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mother's day is a day where I recognise all the things my mom has done for me in my life. Sometimes when you are younger, you dont really appreciate your mom but the below chain mail ALWAYS seems to pop up in my inbox around mother days and now that Im a mommy myself it could never be so true!!

The Images of Mother

4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!

8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!

12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.

14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.

16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.

18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!

25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it!

35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.

45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about i t?

65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

MOTHERS

Real Mothers don't eat quiche;
They don't have time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
Are probably in the sandbox.

Real Mothers often have sticky floors,
Filthy ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried play dough
Doesn't come out of carpets.

Real Mothers don't want to know what
The vacuum just sucked up.

Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?'
And get their answer when a little
Voice says, 'Because I love you best.'

Real Mothers know that a child's growth
Is not measured by height or years or grade....
It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother...
McKenna Claire 3-12-2010
Angel in Heaven 3/16/2011- 12.3 weeks
May 13th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mother's Day to me is a celebration of the miracle of giving life. It's not just for me or for my mom, it's for all of those women (or men believe it or not) that give all that they are to nurture life.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

May 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I think we all know, it is a day started by a greeting card company, or so goes the legend, but you know, it isn't just a day to be forced to be with a parent, at least not for me.

You hear it all the time, the obligatory dinner, the going out for the afternoon instead of sitting at home just reading, or doing nothing, but now, having to get out, take Mother out for dinner, which is just another expense. There are those who simply refuse to even bother, because well, gee, they aren't ten or twelve anymore. Others, well they have a busy schedule, and Sunday is their only chance to be at home with the other half, or to spend some time with the kids.

I used to be just like that. It was a chore, one more or less, did when they had to.

Unfortunately, we forget the simple reality of life. Parents get older, and they DIE.

Harsh, but you know, we do forget that. Somehow we imagine there is always going to be another mother's day, another father's day, so we put it off this year, and then next year, and the next, until suddenly, life has put it off for us, permanently.

We forget, when we were young, how that sweet lady wiped our noses, when they were running, how they kissed our sore knee, after we fell off the swings. We forget the times they sat patiently with us at night, because we were scared of the dark, or of the wind howling and the thunder rumbling outside. We have forgotten how they held us each time something bad happened, until we calmed down. We forget the endless meals they cooked for us, how we resued to eat them, and how mean they were in making us eat our veggies (brussel sprouts? yuk!).

When the birthday cakes came out, we figured the cake fairy had delivered them, not that sweet lady who spent a few extra hours either baking it herself, or rushing to the store to make sure it was home in time for our party. We didn't remember how all those screaming kids gave her a headache, because we were too busy laughing and giggling, while she did the dishes, watching and smiling. Just enjoying seeing us happy.

Now, older, and alone, she waits wondering why we don't call, or if we do, why we can't wait to get off the phone with her. She sits, wondering how her grandkids are, because we keep forgetting to take them to see their grandmother or because we moved too far away, and the kids, well, they have to IM their friends on their cell, or are busy adding to their profile page on facebook.

Once a year, along with the other obligatory holidays, we see her, we even maybe bring her a bunch of flowers, if we remember, and feel we did our duty for the year. We keep score, like it is a big deal to take an afternoon off, to take her for a drive. After all, this weekend isn't Mother's Day, so why bother?

I'll tell you why, because she is your mother, and you know, she won't be here forever. I know it now, thankfully before it is too late, and I lay awake at night, hoping that this year, she'll still be here for Mother's Day and for every day afterwards. I don't want it to end, to have that precious life taken from me, so I lay awake at night, cursing myself for all those missed days, when I was just too ****** selfish, claiming I was busy, when truth is, nothing was or is, as important as the memories we could have had.

This mother's day, I plan on making some more memories with Mom, because I don't know if there will be another. Today is all she has, all I have, so yeah, maybe it is indeed inconvenient, even boring maybe, but when they don't come anymore, they suddenly won't seem so boring, so inconvenient.

Take it from an expert of sleepless nights, at regrets for moments lost, Mother's Day is not a chore, but a blessing. If we only take the time to realize it.

May 14th, 2009, 09:18 AM
*Mrs.J.2011*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mothers day is a time for my siblings and I to "repay" my mom for all of the terrible times we put her through. For all of the arguing, screaming, and headaches. Its a day for mom to know that we really do appreciate everything she has done for us.

Missing our little "Duckie" since 06-22-09
May 14th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My favorite Mother's Day memory is the first one my mom spent as a Grandma after my oldest daughter was born. We got to give her a grandma card that year and she cried when she opened it! It was also the first year I really realized why we have Mother's Day, it is the one day of the year we thanked for what is mostly a hard and thankless, though extremely rewarding job. It is also the most important one in the world.....

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search