lost PG b/c of IUD mishap...now scared of bc

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
Nancy
Ok, we were not planning to get pg, i was on an IUD. Well it slipped and I was pg, so IUD had to be removed thus causing a miscarriage. And I have been miserable since then, the pain of losing my baby was unlike anything I have ever felt. I dont know if my heart will ever get over it.

We are now considering ttc but maybe not right away. DH wants me to go back on IUD. But I am too scared, I know what happened to me is rare but I could in no way handle another pg loss. I DO NOT want to be back on an IUD. I have also had too much trouble with any of the hormonal BC's. I spent 2 years being depressed and in a constant fog. I missed so much of the joy of my 3 year olds life b/c of that and don't want to be on a hormonal bc again.

Any advice on methods we can use until we either decide to have another child or I reach the age where I can get my tubes tied( I am 20 now) ANY advice at all would be a great help. Thank You All

February 23rd, 2006, 08:34 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I'm so sorry for your loss! You should visit the Pregnancy Loss board!

I don't have any advice on B/C, but I wanted to offer you some
February 24th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big hugs!!!

I agree.. Head on over to the pregnancy loss board..
I know things are really hard for you right now.. but I think the more you talk about it.. the easier it will become...

As for birth control.. Try doing a google search for Natural Family Planning..
It will help you get more aware of your body during your cycles.. But basically you and your partner will either be obstaining from sex around your ovulation time.. or you'll be using condoms...

Nothing is 100%.. and basically thats the only way to go if you don't want hormones or to be sterilized..
Condoms and so on...

Thanks for stopping.. I hope you get the help you need!!

Becky
February 24th, 2006, 03:06 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry for your loss. I agree the pregnancy loss board would be a great board for you to find support.

As for b/c I would recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility - it is a great resource whether you are TTCing or trying to prevent. It teaches you how to read your fertility signs so you can either avoid getting pregnant or optimizing your chances of conceiving. The best part is no hormones or invasive devices. And everything you learn now while you are preventing, you will be able to apply when you decide to start TTCing.
February 24th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I agree with Donna! Please check out the pregnancy loss board and the waiting to try board. Both of those boards should be able to help you and support you. Welcome to JM, I'm so sorry for your loss. I definitely understand your hesitation to use hormonal birth control. I don't like them either, so I completely relate.

Good Luck!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search