What is it with dh's or men in general

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkpercolator
We were coming home from our camper yesterday. I asked dh to stop at the grocery store near home. I needed some milk. He's like yeah whatever. He bipasses the grocery store completely and went right home. He parks. He see's I'm upset. Says to me *** is your problem. I said I asked you to go to the store. So I could get some milks for home. We are completely out. So he gets all huffy about it. I said never mind going if your going to be such a jerk about it. He finally goes around the block and heads back to the store all in a huff. I knew he hates waiting at the store when I go shopping. I don't drive. If I did we can't afford another car, insurance and the upkeep. Another issue not for now. I tried hurrying up. Well our grocery store is in the middle of renovations. Normally up front near the entrance. They have a isle of larger size packages of things. That is where they usually keep the 2 packs of milks along with other larger quantity packs of fridge and dry foods. Well no 2 packs there. I had to walk way over to where they keep the normal dairy stuff in the far back corner of the store. Then the check out was loaded full of people. I get back to the car. I could see it on dh's face he is upset I took a while. That was beyond my control. I didn't spend all that time doing actual shopping. I think if it's not on dh's agenda. He could care less about my needs or wants. He's done this before. Now if it were him wanting to get something from the computer store. Oh he never forgets to stop. Or never forgets to tell me get him some computer something at the store. Like a spool of CD's or DVD's or ink for his printer. If I did forget. I'd never hear the end of it.
August 16th, 2004, 10:06 AM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Boy that sounds awfully stressful on you. I didn't know that men generally act like that. I hope he doesn't give you an ulcer.
August 16th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's that men concentrate on the details, women tend to see the big picture. All he saw was 15 minutes of his precious time wasted; you saw children who needed milk!

When we were first married, I would work Saturdays and we sometimes invited friends over for dinner. So I would get home an hour before the company arrived, and the apartment would be a mess... Bathroom needing to be cleaned, clothes all over the bedroom-- you get the idea. But Peter would have spent the last hour carefully cleaning between the rungs of the kitchen chairs!

Men!!
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search