What kind of birth did you have??

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2006, 10:08 AM
housemouse's Avatar Veteran
Just wondering how many of us had C-sections verses Vaginal deliveries.

I had a C-section with my son after 14 hours of labor and his heart rate kept dropping and wouldn't come back up. I had made it to 8cm and all, but it just wasn't ment to be. The doctor even said his head was huge and would have never passed thru my narrow pelivis. He was 8 pounds 11 ounces.

With my daughter I elected to have a planned C-section. I have no regrets, it was the right descion for me. She was 6 pounds 11 ounces.
March 10th, 2006, 10:21 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I had both of mine vaginally. With my oldest ds I had one shot of demerol(sp?) 30 minutes before he was born and with my last birth I had nothing but a wonderful doula!

Thank God I go quickly or I would have caved to pain meds...I think.
March 10th, 2006, 11:54 AM
proudmom3's Avatar Wait for it....
Send a message via Yahoo to proudmom3
with my first in '93 i had a shot of demerol...wasin labor only 4hrs includes pushing..

with 2nd in '00 i was induced at 35.5weeks due to unreassuring heart rate...i had a cocktail shot (not sure what was in it..lol the nurse said i would prob deliver sometime the next day....the shot totally knockd me for a loop.....just 1 hour later they are waking me to push!!! i still barely remember it, seemed like a dream! well he had should dystocia.....they applied pressure to my belly....his heart rate vanished.. it tooka matter of seconds for them to get him out! thank god, the got him breathing again...thank god!!! My Ob siad that he wasnt expecting such a big baby at that gestation, he was almost 7lbshe was very lathargic very hours and had to stay in the nicu for 1 and half days.

with surrobaby in '02...i had 1mg stadol, delivered in 5 hours to a baby girl.....healthy no probs at all!!

with my 3rd in '03 i had her in 4 hours, no pain meds, no labor pains...slept until i finally said to the nurse "i think you better check me" she did and the head was coming out! my baby was born via nurse delivery LOL

and the saga continues....how will my next be? LOL

Jessica: 18
Jordan: 11
Shaelyn: 7
Drake: 3

MeMe to Caleb: 23mos

TS to Lynsey: 9
March 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM
housemouse's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
with my first in '93 i had a shot of demerol...wasin labor only 4hrs includes pushing..

with 2nd in '00 i was induced at 35.5weeks due to unreassuring heart rate...i had a cocktail shot (not sure what was in it..lol the nurse said i would prob deliver sometime the next day....the shot totally knockd me for a loop.....just 1 hour later they are waking me to push!!! i still barely remember it, seemed like a dream! well he had should dystocia.....they applied pressure to my belly....his heart rate vanished.. it tooka matter of seconds for them to get him out! thank god, the got him breathing again...thank god!!! My Ob siad that he wasnt expecting such a big baby at that gestation, he was almost 7lbshe was very lathargic very hours and had to stay in the nicu for 1 and half days.

with surrobaby in '02...i had 1mg stadol, delivered in 5 hours to a baby girl.....healthy no probs at all!!

with my 3rd in '03 i had her in 4 hours, no pain meds, no labor pains...slept until i finally said to the nurse "i think you better check me" she did and the head was coming out! my baby was born via nurse delivery LOL

and the saga continues....how will my next be? LOL[/b]
Wow you sure deliver fast. I think it's so great you were a surrogate, it takes such a special person to be able to do that.
March 10th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I had both boys via c section.. I will have this one the same way
March 10th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
vaginal and no drugs. would do it again in a second.

March 10th, 2006, 06:43 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NaynayPie
Vaginal hospital birth, no drugs. I hired a Doula but I don't think she was worth the $400 price tag.

I went into active labor within 15 minutes of my water breaking at home. After that I had 3.5 hours of labor, and it took 1/2 an hour to push. I have lots of reasons for never wanting another hospital birth, but I'm sure that story would fit better in a different thread.

This pregnancy is going to be homebirth, maybe a waterbirth with a midwife in attendence.

~Nay
March 10th, 2006, 11:46 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a slow early labor that lasted about 48 hours, was sent home from the hospital to wait it out, then my water broke and was in very active painful back labor for 17 hours, followed by 3 hours of failed pushing, 3 attempts at vacuum extraction, finally followed by an emergency c-section. He was sunny-side up with his chin extended, thus the horrid back labor and failure to deliver vaginally. 8lb 13 oz

Needless to say, the 2nd time, I did an elective c-section 3 weeks before due date, absolutely NO regrets, especially since he was 7lb 7 oz. If I'd gone full term, chances are I would have had another emergency c-section to my 10 lb baby!

March 11th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
With my 1st I was 16 years old and 13 days overdue. They planned to induce me on the 12th of October but the night before while in the hospital, they had given me cervidil (sp?). it was supposed to stay in for 12 hours but came out after 2. I was standing there arguing with my ex because I was "annoying" him because I couldn't stay still (I didn't realize I was having contractions) when I felt a "pop" and a gush of fluid. He lifted up my gown and saw my water had broken and called the nurse. She checked me and I was at 3. A few hours later I got my epidural after cursing my ex out of the room (the only person I wanted near me was a friend of ours who was also his HS teacher). It was HEAVEN! By 10:30am on the 12th I was ready to push. I pushed for 3 hours and nothing happened. So the dr. opted to do a c-section. He was old-fashioned so he did the incision from my bikini line to my belly button. It is GROSS looking! MJ was born at 1:55 in the afternoon weighing 8 lbs. 9 and a half ounces and was 20 3/4 inches long.

With JJ I had been on bedrest for preterm labor from my 6th month on. I was due October 17th but on Sept. 20th around 10am I started having contractions. I told myself because I had been in & out of the hospital all week with false labor, I wasn't going in. The contractions lasted all day and around 10pm, my roommate called my ex to have him come get me to go to the hospital. She said she was not going to deliver a baby at home. Good thing I went because they admitted me right away and around 3:30am I got my epidural. Before I got it, the nurse checked me and I was at 6. After, she checked me and I was fully dialated. He was born at 3:51am. He was only 5 lbs. 4 oz. and 18 1/4 inches long.

With CJ I had been on bedrest and a terbutaline (sp?) pump from my 5th month on. 2 weeks before my due date the doctor had me induced since they estimated him at 8-9 lbs. and wanted to give me the chance to deliver vaginally. Actually, DH was going to deliver him with the dr. to guide him. Anyhoo, at 7am they gave me the cervidil but nothing happened for a long time. They then started pitocin and things started picking up. I got my (walking) epidural around 7pm. The dr. had come in earlier in the afternoon and said I would have CJ by 10:30pm. Well, when he came back later that night, I was only dialated to 5 and his head was still way up there so they didn't want to break my water for fear of the cord coming out first. So the dr. decided to do a c-section. They prepped me and wheeled me down. The anesthesiologist was pumping more medicine in my epidural to make me go totally numb. My OB was pinching me down there to see if I was numb and I kept telling him I could feel it. All of a sudden I feel his assistant start cutting me & I started SCREAMING. They put a mask over my face and I remember waking up hearing my DH shouting "it's a boy..." Because of that assistant, my birth experience was totally ruined. CJ was 7 lbs. 12 oz. and 21 1/4 inches long. Oh and he was born at 10:30 ON THE DOT. And with his section, I have the cut that goes across which was A LOT easier to heal from.

Now with any other children I have in the future I will have to have c-sections and I am totally fine with it. Maybe they will get me numb enough next time for me to actually enjoy the experience.

March 14th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
2 vaginal births.
1st one was threatened c/s but I refused.

My dd took forever.. I went in on Thursday and had her Saturday night.
My ds..LOL the labor went very smoothly.. it was the time I was locked up in the hospital PRIOR to having him is what took forever...

*Just a reminder.. this is the fluffy mommy lounge and we can talk about anything and everything here.*

So nay if you want to complain about hospital births have at it. I've seen a plenty of gals stopping by here who homebirth/would rather... and I might be able to add a lil something to it too...

It might make for an interesting thread and I'm sure some ladies would have lots of questions about it.(that is if you want to, or want to start a new thread)

Becky
March 15th, 2006, 01:28 PM
MinnesotaMommy
3 vaginal. 8.5 hrs,8 hrs and 5 hrs.
March 16th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
all 3 vaginal

first: hospital with OB, 16 hr labor. No problems, just felt like it was a freak show since we went med free and no one ever did that, they had students and nurses flocking in to watch me give birth... urgh...

second: home waterbirth with midwife, 3 1/2 hr labor

third: home waterbirth without midwife, 1 hr 15 min labor (midwife arrived in time to deliver the placenta!)

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

March 16th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to sassyheather Send a message via Yahoo to sassyheather
i had a c-section with my triplets and my baby
March 16th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Vaginal birth with 2 epi's(they didn't work well) and a numbing shot. 18 hrs and a vaccuum extraction.

March 17th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to heavenleighmommi
I had Heaven vaginally

March 19th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
vaginal, about 7 hours, only thing i would change is that my dr convinced me to get the epidural at 8.5 cm, and by the time they got it in i was already at 10...... i could have made it with out it.....

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 22nd, 2006, 04:47 PM
Froggiemama's Avatar Member
I had my DD through emergency c-section after laboring naturally without drugs. It was a big disapointment to me, and I am already planning a VBAC with #2, even though we aren't ttc yet.

Center Street Photography
March 22nd, 2006, 06:45 PM
jessica2229's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to jessica2229 Send a message via Yahoo to jessica2229
I had a c-section after being a 2 day induction. I went in sunday night and cervidil was placed and than in the morning (5am) they started Pitocin. Was on Pitocin until 5 pm, all day nothing happened except some minor cramping. Monday night they put cervidil in again and again the next morning they started the pit again. Only minor cramps again. Still no progression 1 cm. Richard was still so high, his head never ingaged into the pelvis. at 1:30 tuesday afternoon my water broke with meconium. I started having some painful contractions so i got an epiderual. His heartbeat start to go down with contraction and without the contractions. At 3:30 we all decided to have a c-section. I was only 3 cm and he hadn't moved down at all. My doctor told me that my pelvis was at such a wierd angle that I mostly likely would never deliver vaginally. Richard was 7lbs 6oz and 22inches long.

March 23rd, 2006, 11:23 AM
Bethany in PA
Isn't it amazing that everyone is different?

I had about 10 hours active labor and 3 hours of pushing. With a strong epidural where I couldn't feel a thing. They had said a c-section would be next if labor would be much longer -- I wish I had taken them up on it.
The doctor couldn't get the vacuum to work -- or did she not know how to use it??
Then they used forceps,and you know what that means --- episiotomy!! I couldn't walk for a week and intimacy was painful (I cried nearly everytime and that's just great for a relationship). I actually had the epis. re-done -- but I still have pain (though not as bad)and DD is 5 1/2.

I'd have a c-section before another epis. at least afterward sex isn't painful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search