No Smoking Grrrrrr!!

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2006, 05:02 AM
imsowitty's Avatar Member
I'm now 24 hours Smoke free, And Moody as hell, I've been smoking for 16 years and I know the health risk But I've always enjoyed smoking, Sure I'm addicted (These ###### patches don't do a bloody thing!) But I miss it. I'm worried about the moodiness, I mean My wifes satan right now and I'm rapidly catching up. The last thing I want to do is upset her, but Grrr! Any advice on quitting? (Keep in mind I'm still Nic fitting so if it ain't positive advice I'll poke you in the eyes )
March 23rd, 2006, 06:31 AM
Lekilig86's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm now 24 hours Smoke free, And Moody as hell, I've been smoking for 16 years and I know the health risk But I've always enjoyed smoking, Sure I'm addicted (These ###### patches don't do a bloody thing!) But I miss it. I'm worried about the moodiness, I mean My wifes satan right now and I'm rapidly catching up. The last thing I want to do is upset her, but Grrr! Any advice on quitting? (Keep in mind I'm still Nic fitting so if it ain't positive advice I'll poke you in the eyes )[/b]
Blake quit almost cold turkey. He keeps doing it but keeps going back to them later. He was basically made to quit right along with his brother so that probably helped him. I quit b/c of pregnancy (no toughie there) but i'd say, if someone else is quitting with you, quit almost cold turkey with them. Chew gum when your Nicin', any kind-doesn't have to have nicotine in it. Menthol smokers should chew winterfresh or big red i think. Chew on ur pencils...i dunno whatever u can, but don't ever even think about buying a pack, that means doom 4 u.

</a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>
</div>
March 23rd, 2006, 10:40 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm with ya - dh and i both quit yesterday. i think i would even pick a butt out of a public ashtray right now!!!!! LOL
March 24th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Quote:
i'm with ya - dh and i both quit yesterday. i think i would even pick a butt out of a public ashtray right now!!!!! LOL[/b]
I'm so with you, It's day 3 and I actually considered picking up this cigarette that was still lit after I yelled at some guy who said My DW was looking fat. (He did deserve it of course, but man I reamed him good)

How are you holding out?
March 24th, 2006, 01:58 PM
so far so good. i am a little nervous about the weekend.....that is when i smoke the most. we're both a little grumpy - because not only have we quit smoking, we are dieting also.....so what do you do when you want a smoke? you eat.....well, not at our house! LOL
i can't believe some guy said DW was looking fat - why would he do that. sounds like he deserved more than a reaming!
are you making it through that day ok without one? they say the first week or 2 are the hardest!
March 25th, 2006, 04:53 AM
I'm nervous about this weekend too. I notice I miss the Morning one the most. It's 6:30 AM and I'm going nuts! I'm chewing alot of gum and Eating loads of Sugerfree suckers, Like you I'm really worried about the weight gain. I've already gained 10 LBS since I found out My DW was pregnant, What the hell is that all about?!!?

Man that guy really deserved more but We we're in a public place

How ya holdin in there?
March 29th, 2006, 02:37 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Kudos to you!!! I wish I could get my hubby to quit

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
April 7th, 2006, 04:44 AM
######, DW and I got into an arguement (Completly my fault I was being a Jerk) and I went for a walk to avoid saying anything even dumber. Bad Idea. Day one again
April 7th, 2006, 07:26 PM
oh no! did you fall off the wagon?
i fell off last weekend - dh and i both did, we went out and had a few beers with friends. i'm sorry, but it is virtually impossible to drink and not smoke. unfortunately, they tasted like s**t - haven't had one since.
April 12th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to FriendAim Send a message via Yahoo to FriendAim
When my mom quit smoking, she got a bunch of those little straws they use in cocktails and chewed on them all day. It worked for her. Just a thought for those who don't like gum.

She's been smoke free for almost 3 years now and I still see those little chewed up straws around her house. lol.
Joseph David arrived 2/4/10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search