Sigh

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2004, 08:35 AM
I Heart 4x4
Well, we're not going to be spending Sunday/Monday at my parents house for my dad's birthday ... My dad has to work on Monday (he owns his own misting company) and so even if we were there, we wouldn't be spending any time with him at all, so there's no point in us driving 5 hours each way to see him if we don't get to more than 5 minutes before he leaves for work in the morning. I am really bummed out, I was looking forward to visiting my parents, and they were looking forward to spend time with Danny.

Now it looks like we won't see them until October for Danny's birthday, and then who knows ... we won't be there in November for my birthday (we'll be in Seattle WA), or Thanksgiving (DH has to work) ... we won't be there in December (we'll be in WA again the first week, and around Christmas and New Year's DH works full time every day). In January, DH can't take any time off because of refund fraud and it's his inventory for the store.

Which leaves February ... and with any luck we might be moving to WA that month.

Sigh. So I don't know when I'll be seeing them after October. I'm pretty bummed out about it.
August 21st, 2004, 08:37 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
(((HUGS)))

August 21st, 2004, 06:28 PM
Ma2RayPooh
i hope you get a chance to see them soon.
August 21st, 2004, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. That is a bummer. I hope it works out so that you get to see them more often.
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

August 21st, 2004, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you won't see your parents.

What does a misting company do?

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
August 21st, 2004, 07:58 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Ashley3303@Aug 21 2004, 10:35 AM
Well, we're not going to be spending Sunday/Monday at my parents house for my dad's birthday ... My dad has to work on Monday (he owns his own misting company) and so even if we were there, we wouldn't be spending any time with him at all, so there's no point in us driving 5 hours each way to see him if we don't get to more than 5 minutes before he leaves for work in the morning. I am really bummed out, I was looking forward to visiting my parents, and they were looking forward to spend time with Danny.

Now it looks like we won't see them until October for Danny's birthday, and then who knows ... we won't be there in November for my birthday (we'll be in Seattle WA), or Thanksgiving (DH has to work) ... we won't be there in December (we'll be in WA again the first week, and around Christmas and New Year's DH works full time every day). In January, DH can't take any time off because of refund fraud and it's his inventory for the store.

Which leaves February ... and with any luck we might be moving to WA that month.

Sigh. So I don't know when I'll be seeing them after October. I'm pretty bummed out about it.
Well then, not seeing them for a long time, isn't that a good enough reason to just go anyways. Doesn't he have his evenings off? You guys could do dinner at least or visit in the evenings. My ILs come down all the time and we both still have to work, they just hang out during the day and we are home in teh afternoons/early evenings. It's plenty of time to visit. Just a thought. Any amount of time is better than no time until Feb.
August 22nd, 2004, 04:38 AM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
I'm sorry, I hope you get to see them soon. :hug2:
August 22nd, 2004, 09:06 AM
I Heart 4x4
No, it's not possible for my parents to drive up here because of the distance. It's a good 5 hour drive. My mom doesn't like driving on the freeway, and my dad works all the time, and my mom rarely gets two days off in a row. They're at the age where it tires them too much to drive that sort of distance.

They want us to come down in late September when my brother is visiting from college for a week, but, I doubt we'll be able to go. She did mention about meeting somewhere in between, with my brother driving her. Not too sure though.

Oh well.
August 22nd, 2004, 08:32 PM
Silver's Avatar Veteran
That sucks...Sorry to hear that Ashley...

my mother only lives 45min away...I don't see her very often...But there's nothing stopping me from seeing her either...Sorry it's not the same for you. :hug2:

If you check out My Webpage You'll see some pics of us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search