Been MIA

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2006, 12:15 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I am going to be copying and pasting this in a few other subjects I usually post in so that is why you might see this duplicated.

My ex-husband's grandmother passed away March 30th. She was 69 years old and very sick for a while.

Even though I have been divorced from my ex for almost 10 years, we have remained good friends. Even though my daughter is not my ex-husband's (looooong story maybe for another time), they have always considered her a part of the family. My daughter's middle name is named after her.

We are going to be busy over the next few days with the visitations and funeral on Monday. I am going to try to post a little bit in-between but it is harder for me to get the computer since my DH has found a new online obsession....grrr! Thanks to my mom.

April 1st, 2006, 02:00 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I'm sorry for your loss

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
April 1st, 2006, 06:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Quote:
I'm sorry for your loss [/b]
Thanks Trina

April 2nd, 2006, 05:34 AM
imsowitty's Avatar Member
I'm really sorry. How's he holding up, Losing My grandmother was incredibly hard. But after a while I was relieved that she wasn't hurting anymore.

Hang in there
Thake Care
Mike
April 6th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Quote:
I'm really sorry. How's he holding up, Losing My grandmother was incredibly hard. But after a while I was relieved that she wasn't hurting anymore.

Hang in there
Thake Care
Mike[/b]
My ex is holding up pretty well, considering. We were each other's rock during this and am grateful we were there for each other. I did find out he came back into town for his bday in Feb. so at least he got to see her one last time. He doesn't contact me much because he doesn't want to make waves with my DH but he is going to be calling tomorrow night to say "hi" to my sister who will be in town and I will see how he is doing then. He was my first love but we both know it was never meant to be. We were both really young and immature and we both did things we regret. But for the first few years after our divorce we couldn't even be in the same room as each other without wanting to strangle each other. It is nice we can now be friends.

April 10th, 2006, 11:10 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I'm so glad you guys have been able to get past the strong emotions to return to a civil friendship....there are so many couples out there who could stand to learn a lesson from you two!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
April 27th, 2006, 10:05 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hugs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search