What was the worst vacation you ever took?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
When Walker was about 2 we went to Colorado Springs with Charles' best friend and his wife.. The friend was in the Army and said that we would be staying at base with them.. He kept telling us that they said that we didn't need to resister to say there.. So here we go we pack and head up there with them.. We get tere and the housing was full.. So we had no where to stay.. And we didn't have very much money.. So we went looking for the cheapest hotel.. Well the first night we had seperate rooms.. Then to save money we shared a room.. One night Charles and his best friend went out to a wrestling show.. And left me their with his wife.. Well she started to discipline Walker.. Uhhhh hold on lady... I don't know you....... I let him have it.. She storms out and precedes to go her mom's.. Well she tells her hubby.. And the next night they go to the movies and leave me and my hubby at the hotel.. Knowing that we don't have much money.. They were gone for 5 hours.. We still got to sight see but not as much as we would like.. We even did things on our own.. But what really sent things over the edge.. Is that when we agreed on the sharing a room.. I joked that if we wanted to get our freak on.. One could do it out here and the other one could go in the restroom.. Well one night Charles and I were laying on the bed and we heard loud moaning from the bathroom and alot of banging.. I look at him and we left and went outside.. I could of threw up... Then we had to go buy stuff for sandwhiches because we were running low on cash.. So for 3 days we ate sandwhiches.. On the way home we past of historical mark and wanted to visit it.. His wife was whining and wanted to go home.. So we went and they headed out.. While we were looking around at this place.. They decided to show up.... His wife was still whiney... And they got into a huge fight.. And we looked up and they were gone.. I am glad we knew the way back home.... The wife was so whiney the whole trip.. She was pg and I understand she was emotional.. And I know that I got emotional with mine... But I think she used it to her advantage... Anything we wanted to do and she didn't.. We didn't do... But what got me the first night we were there we went out and ate.. She ordered chicken with rice.. She took one bite and pushed it to the side.. She said that it wasn't what she thought it would be.. And the hubby bought her something else.. And she did the same thing... I was like man..... That was a tank of gas on the ride home wasted... Well back to us leaving.. We fill up for gas with what little money we have... Thanks to them.....
And we make it to my Grandma's in Clayton.. Whew only 1 hr 1/2 to home.. We stay there for about 3 hours and it is probably the best part of the vacation we had....
When we made it home... The gas tank was on empty.. So we were lucky to make it.. Because we had no money left

Charles and this man are still best friends.. Can't change it.. He is nice and they have been since they were in school... And here lately we have become close.. They live in Virginia where he is stationed in the army... And I have become friends with his wife... And when they were here before he go transferred over there.. He said that we needed to go on vacation together again.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
April 29th, 2006, 06:23 AM
dawnk777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that does sound like an awful vacation.

April 29th, 2006, 04:41 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
wow what a crappy vacation!!

I've never actually been on a vacation so..... the plus side to that is I've never had a crappy one

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
June 6th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Veteran
Once when my husband and I were dating, we drove to Myrtle Beach, SC thinking that we would find a nice hotel when we got there. There were several conventions going on the same weekend and no hotels available within 40 miles. We illegally slept on the beach that night and drove back the next day. It was awful!!!

Kim

KB-9
BM-5
ER-2

June 6th, 2006, 08:56 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
From Arkansas to the Rocky Mountains and back in the back of a pickup truck when I was 7. ...even in June, the rockies are COOOOLLLLLDDDD!
June 20th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
From Arkansas to the Rocky Mountains and back in the back of a pickup truck when I was 7. ...even in June, the rockies are COOOOLLLLLDDDD! [/b]
OMG, you were in the back of a pick up truck? For the whole drive? How long was it?

ETA: I don't think I've had any really crummy vacations.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search