Does anyone know of a website

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2004, 02:43 PM
oreokitten
I am looking for a website where you put in your info (either typed or drop down boxes) for what you want in a car like price-wise and safety and how many passengers...and then it gives you some choices of different vehicles that fit your criteria. I just know we will need a car in the near future (year or so) and want to make sure we get the right one that fits our needs and wants and I don't want to go from dealership to dealership and be harrased by salesmen and end up not getting exactly what we need or want. TIA to anyone who knows of a good site!,
August 25th, 2004, 03:13 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Well speaking from experience, LOL, I have bought 3 new cars within one year. I am an expert.

Basically I find the car I like/want, use carsdirect.com. This will give you the MSRP, invoice and the CD price. You are welcome to use carsdirect to find your car for you, what ever price comes up, that's what you will pay.

Personally I'm a Nissan enthusiest!! What I do is use CD to find out the invoice price and then I go to Nissan's website and put in the criteria of the car I want, I find out what dealer has it and then email them from there. If you use the internet/fleet department of any dealer, you will get a no hassle quote and you can go from there.

I don't pay any more than invoice for my cars. Some nissan dealers give me $500 over...I pass and move on. One car I got for $500 under and my most recent purchase was invoice.

Then I do everything via phone, they draw up the paper work, detail the car, I pick it up and sign my life away! No negotiating, no haggling and no SALESMEN!!

Anyway, you can always go to a dealer and browse. Tell them you are not buying b/c you don't purchase this way and you just want to see a few cars in the flesh. Figure out what you want, who has the best deals (APR, rebates) and go from there. Then use the website to find out invoice and start offering or requesting a quote. Most of them are usually invoice when using the internet/fleet dept. of dealers. But they can vary, $500 over, invoice or $500 under. So definetely try say 3 dealers and get a good feel for someone and get a good price.

Carsdirect will tell you what you should be paying.

Good luck....car buying is my hobby!!!!! It's soo much fun...oooooh new car smell!!
August 25th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, this doesn't fit your description exactly, but Autobytel lets you compare different makes and models of cars.

The last car we bought (a used Volvo) we ended up registering with Consumer Reports online to compare cars.
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search