I am the worst mommy that has ever lived!!!

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2004, 07:02 AM
kikimama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kikimama Send a message via Yahoo to kikimama
Kinzy started preschool today and when I left she started screaming! She didnt want me to leave, I felt sooo bad I wanted to start crying with her! Her teacher said that she would sit with her and comfort her for awhile! I hope it helped! She did this when she went to daycare too, for like 2 weeks and then she realized that mommy always comes back. But she has been home with me since I quit working full time a year ago. Am I the worst mommy in the world? I feel so bad, but I know that she has to go to school!! Thanks for letting me vent(sorta)! I will update you all after lunch to tell you about how the rest of school went!
August 26th, 2004, 07:07 AM
I Heart 4x4
***hugs***

I dread preschool and kidnergarten or however it is spelled. LOL.
August 26th, 2004, 07:12 AM
oreokitten
Oh hugs! That can be so heart wrenching. I got two different responses from my kids. Avery cried and whined when I left. Aidan was like, "see you later mom!", lol. I hope Kinzy gets used to preschool fast and starts to love it! Hugs,
August 26th, 2004, 08:20 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
(((HUGS)))

She was probably alright once she started playing with the kids.

August 26th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You poor thing, that's got to be hard to leave with them crying, but she will be alright just give her time. AND OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT THE WORST MOMMY!!!
August 26th, 2004, 09:25 AM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by kikimama@Aug 26 2004, 09:02 AM
Kinzy started preschool today and when I left she started screaming! She didnt want me to leave, I felt sooo bad I wanted to start crying with her! Her teacher said that she would sit with her and comfort her for awhile! I hope it helped! She did this when she went to daycare too, for like 2 weeks and then she realized that mommy always comes back. But she has been home with me since I quit working full time a year ago. Am I the worst mommy in the world? I feel so bad, but I know that she has to go to school!! Thanks for letting me vent(sorta)! I will update you all after lunch to tell you about how the rest of school went!
That's what I'm soo afraid on too! Dd is sooo ready for school, needs way more activity than her day care, but I'm sooo nervous about her getting used to new people. She has known her DCP since she was 9 weeks old, sorta her second Mommy (no jealousy there, makes things very comfortable for me having to work). But now, it will be all new teachers. I know she'll take to the kids and find a new best friend rather quickly, but I am wondering though....

Did you stay long for her first day?
Did the teachers want you to stay and see how the first day went?

I am taking dd's first day of school off so I can hang around the first day and meet her teachers and see how it goes, but I am wondering, will they shoo me off or want me to stay. I know I would be a distraction to dd, but I want to see how it flows before I leave her for her rest of the day. I plan on picking her up after preschool (2:30) before after school care starts for her first day. Then she'll have to go all day from there on out.

Just curious as to how you handled the first day, do the teachers expect most parents will hang around. Do they enclude us with first day get to know everyone sort of thing?

I'm just going nuts wondering what her first day is going to be like.

THanks
Nicole
August 26th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Ma2RayPooh
nah your not. i am sure she will be alright. i bet you when you pick her up she will say she liked it!!
August 26th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mom2one@Aug 26 2004, 11:25 AM
Did you stay long for her first day?

Did the teachers want you to stay and see how the first day went?

Just curious as to how you handled the first day, do the teachers expect most parents will hang around. Do they enclude us with first day get to know everyone sort of thing?
Well here is my update!

I went to pick her up and she had the biggest smile on her face! Her teacher puts each child in their carseat and buckles them up! When her teacher brought her over to the car, she told me that she missed me and gave me a kiss. Then she started telling me all about school. Her teacher(Miss Amy) told her bye and that she would see her on Tuesday.(She only goes tues. and thurs for 2 hrs, next year she will go longer for more days!) And in the cutest voice, Kinzy says " Byyeee Miss Amyyy"!! I loved it! Her teacher said that she only cried for a little bit and then she was ok! She said that Kinzy sorta tagged along with her the rest of the class. So I guess, over all it was a good day! We'll see how it goes on Tuesday!

mom2one:
Did you stay long for her first day? They had to color a pic of a face before they could play, so she told me to stay long enough for her to color and then she would take her when I went to leave! So maybe 10 min. I stayed.

Did the teachers want you to stay and see how the first day went? I just stayed long enough to watch her color and then I left. That is pretty much what the other parents did too!

Just curious as to how you handled the first day, do the teachers expect most parents will hang around. Do they enclude us with first day get to know everyone sort of thing? I think that they expect the parents to hang around for a little bit(10min or so) and then leave. We had an open house 2 days before the first day. They set up some activities for the kids to do and let them play so they could get used to each other. I dont think they would really want you to hang around all day. You have to let your kids do this on their own. Good luck with preschool!
August 26th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Ma2RayPooh
i am so glad she had a awesome day at preschool. dont worry it was my daughters first day at school too!!!! but she loved it also.
August 26th, 2004, 01:42 PM
I am glad she had a good day Jessica!! Thanks for cheering me up!!
August 28th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's a book out there-- I think it's called The Kissing Hand or something similar. Brian's teacher read it to them on the 1st day of Kindergarten. The general idea is that you place a kiss on the palm of your child's hand before he or she leaves. When and if he misses you, he places the palm on his cheek and receives a kiss from mom. Brian's teacher reminded each of us to kiss our kids on the palm before putting them on the bus, then she read them the story in class.

Maybe it would help some of your kids as they approach the first day of school.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
August 29th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to HippyChickKelly
I am Righ there with ya!!
Cass wills tart school on 2 weeks I am soo worried its not even funny I have been having nightmares!!
~Kelly

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search