Cleaning Up After Your Kids......

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">I noticed this morning that I clean up after my DD without even thinking about it. She\'s 10 years old and should be doing that stuff herself, but it comes naturally to me since I\'m a SAHM. I make her clean her room and she has minor chores that she has to do if she wants her allowance, but she\'ll leave the bread open, not clean the counter off when she makes a mess and forgets to put things away. Do you do the small things for your kids if they\'re old enough to clean up by themselves without you standing over them?

xxx</span>

May 18th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I don't... If Walker leaves the bread open... He is called back to do it right.. He helps pick up and has a list of chores to do.. He whines but he does them..
May 23rd, 2006, 11:08 AM
~*stephanie*~'s Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*stephanie*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*stephanie*~
Depends on what it is. but my boys do help out some.

</div><div align="center">

</div>
May 26th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is a toughy.. There are things that I get aggrivated about thinking they are plenty old enough to know better.. I do ALOT of calm reminders! We hand wash our dishes and my oldest ss that is his chore and I still find myself checking over the dishes before they are put away.. Sometimes I make him re-do some.. other times I just do it myself...

I try hard to just remind them to help.. things especially like leaving the bread open (If it's open, it's probably on the table or counter and not put away so they need to do that)

Somedays are better then others around here.. Hee hee heee

Becky
June 2nd, 2006, 06:41 AM
**Kelley**'s Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to **Kelley** Send a message via Yahoo to **Kelley**
Oh God don't get me started...

Anyway. Yea, I do it. Pick up after them. She's 12 and he's freakin 18 for god's sake and I STILL do it. Why? Don't ask me! I just do.

My 18 yr. old's bedroom is so small his bed and computer desk take up the whole space, so his walk-in closet is crammed so full of stuff he doesn't even go in there. So where does he toss his clean clothes? On the floor!!! That was the final straw, I went in yesterday while he was at work and organized some and cleaned. Nearly destroyed my vacume by sucking up a broken guitar string!!

My daughter is a mess maker extroidinaire. Her idea of cleaning or putting something away is to stash it out of sight. Like in the closet, in a drawer...etc..She has been with her father for the last two weeks, so while she has been gone I have done some serious cleaning and organising of her room.

K.

With My Wings</div>
June 11th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Phoenix Rising's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heck no!

My daughters are more than old enough to do things for themselves! They are 14, 8 and 6. I was raised in a home with a mom who did *everything* for me and it certainly didnt assist me in easing my transition from childhood (aka living at home) to living on my own. I realise WHY parents do alot or everthing for their children but really, you aren't doing them any favours in the long run.

My children all help out around the house, my teenager does all her own laundry, they can all cook simple meals (even my 6 year old can make kraft dinner)

Mind you, our situation may be different than other families in the fact that we homeschool so our daughters are home all day long.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search