When Were You Ready?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">When did you know it was time to have a baby? Was your DH/SO ready as well? If it was a surprise, tell us about it!

xxx</span>

June 5th, 2006, 06:25 AM
PrettyInPink#2
Well with the second baby we just had it was not planned! DH was scared and felt not ready for it! And so was i. As the pregnancy progressed we became more comfertable with it , but once she got here we couldnt be happier!
June 5th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Neither one was a surprise really. I stopped taking birth control and 4 months later I got pregnant for my first. It was calculated that he was probably conceived on my birthday(or the day before). so that was nice. for the second one, I stopped taking the pill, and it took 10 months to conceive. so it was kind of a surprise, since I thought maybe couldnt have anymore.I took the home pregnancy test on my SOs' birthday so that he could have a birthday surprise as well! just as I had with the first!
June 5th, 2006, 09:50 AM
** Mandy **
Before DH and I were married (four years ago) we discussed when we wanted kids and we both said we wanted the first one around age 30. We both decided we would start trying and it happened right away. I just turned 29 and he 30 so it went right along with what we had always planned.

The side story is that although we were trying to get pregnant and it happened right away we didn't know it. I was almost 5 months along (19 weeks) before I figured out I was pregnant and DH was shocked. The reason is that I had been diagnosed with a wheat allergy by doctors and had lost a ton of weight from being sick. Well, turns out that I didn't have an allergy after all... I had a baby!!! What great news it was especially when we found out she was healthy despite all the medications I had been on during those 6 weeks that doctors were trying to figure out what was wrong with me. The home pregnancy tests I took came back negitive and I'm not sure why doctors never thought to give me one. Crazy!!!

June 5th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
We talked about it the year before last and decided that I'd have my IUD taken out in January of last year and start TTC in the Spring. We've always been ready, we just wanted to spend a little more time with each other and DD before we did it.

xxx

June 6th, 2006, 08:48 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I've always been ready. All I've ever wanted was to be a mom. Dh was ready about a year before my bfp w/ Ben.
June 10th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Phoenix Rising's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha! I have always been ready! I had my first daughter, planned, when I was 19. I married when she was 7 and we threw away the birth control pills on our honeymoon. As DH says, I don't care if you come to me 10 times to tell me that you are pregnant I will always be totally thrilled! Who can't want a baby?!?
June 10th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ashton was unplanned. sort of. i wasnt on birthcontrol and we never used a condom. we always sort of knew we were going to get pregnant but that was okay becuase we already knew we wanted to be together. after ashton was born i all the sudden realized when ashton was 2 that we could have more kids. i really never thought about it. so here we are trying for #2

June 11th, 2006, 01:22 PM
SkyeRose's Avatar Regular
We were ready to have a baby a year after we married in 2004, and we got preg. with less than a year. It was amazing. My DH kept bothering me about having kids soon, and I kept telling him I'm not ready. Then one day when he asked me in like a year and 2 months into our marriage, I surprisingly said yes I'm ready to start a family and have a baby, and he jumped up and down a kissing and hugging me like a maniac. I was so happy myself. I want to have 4 or 5 kids soon.
Wife To: Keith- 26

June 11th, 2006, 02:17 PM
sunkissed's Avatar Veteran
In my twenties I was in no hurry to settle down and then I met THE guy and married him at 29 after dating 6 months. We both loved children and knew we couldn't wait to be parents together and we were financially in a good place to provide so we started trying right away. And tried, and tried.... I had 2 ectopic pregnancies over the course of 3 years that resulted in the loss of both tubes, we were devastated. IVF was our only option and we were lucky the first try. Sometimes things don't always go as planned that is for sure! But my boys are well worth the 4 year wait

June 20th, 2006, 09:31 PM
cheesevixen's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to cheesevixen
it was a suprise! LOL. Me an my fiancee were engaged to be married in Dec. We had just gotten a new place, and I had gotten a promotion from my job. Then I got really sick, and sure enough I was pregnant! I was so happy about even though I had to hold off my wedding for a little while longer. It was worth it, lol. Now I am wanting tohave another baby, but not until we get married. I miss being pregnant. It was the only time I found peace with my body.

June 28th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I've been ready for a few years. My partner has always wanted kids but only really felt ready for a year or so. We started trying around this time last year, after we had bought a house together and got engaged.

June 28th, 2006, 06:58 AM
thekepp's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I stopped taking the birth control pill in December, got married on December 31, 2004 and six weeks later I was pregnant We were shocked it happened so fast!

June 28th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just starting my senior year in highschool.. Having sex to get back at my parents..(nice huh?) I had the mentality that it would never happen to me..
Well it did... I missed out on so much.. My duedate was graduation.. I hid my pregnancy from everyone and the school didn't find out until may and I left school 1 wk early (you're not allowed to go to school when you're pregs)
I walked across the stage with my class on my due-date.. It took everything I had to publically announce to everyones friends and family that I was the highschool teenage pregnancy.. But it was alright!!!

So I didn't plan kids, they just sorta arrived.. And my heart really goes out to woman (and their families) who have to struggle to have children...

Becky
June 28th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My 1st & 2nd were surprises, I was a teen mommy.

3rd & this one planned, as we TTC'ed both of them

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search