Business ideas for my baby booming town?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Regular
HI!

I live in a small but booming city in NJ. What I have noticed over the past five years is the enormous increase of babies, toddlers and young parents. I can't walk two blocks without encountering 10 strollers. I feel like I need to try and start a business to capitalize on this mini "baby boom" in my town. We have a few day care places and a couple of children's clothing stores already. Aside from these, what are some other options that I can explore?

I was thinking about a children's party place, but commercial real estate prices are out of control here and would kill all my profits. Looking forward to any ideas you may have!

Thanks!
June 10th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Super Mommy
Thats crazy, I was just thinking about this yesterday. I found something that souns perfect for you. I'm actually thinking really hard about doing this myself. A stroller exercise program. You dont need to buy or rent space, you just need a public park or mall, and advertisement. The two places that I looked into were Stroller Strides and Stroller Fit. Just Google them. I've never been to either, but they sound fun. I'm looking for more research before I do anything.

June 14th, 2006, 04:58 PM
nathansmom
There are alot of indoor playgrounds opening in my area (we have TONS of young families with kids as well).
http://www.castawayplay.com/structure.html
This is the link to the one in my area.....they are becoming very popular.
June 19th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always wanted to open up a consignment shop!!!
June 19th, 2006, 10:08 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Maybe party planning? You do all the work from home for the most part. When parents want to set up a big bash for their kid's 3rd b-day or whatever, YOU'RE the one who does the dirty work (calls around for a place if they don't want it at home, buys the decorations, etc...) Charge a flat rate that'll cover time and decorating expenses, plus the cost of any rental equipment/rooms. Pretty much a no-brainer. Get one of those magnetic signs to place on your car. They're fairly cheap if you shop around at sign/graphic shops.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search