What's your Occupation?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thought Today would be a good day to share what we do!!!

Soo... What's your occupation? (And Sahm IS an occupation ladies!)

I'm a nurse. I work 3rd shifts so I don't have to put my baby in daycare.. It works out great all I miss is him sleeping.. I hold out pretty well on no sleep as long as I don't have to work a bunch of days in a row.. 3 is my max!
So I guess I'm also a sahm sorta b/c I do 99% of the baby care.. I'm alone with him all day!

Becky
June 13th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
Well, I'm a SAHM, but my friend opened her own pet supply store about 18 months ago and I've been helping her out there a lot. I used to work 3 days a week, now it's when ever she really needs me. I love it!! I do everything there! I'm a sales associate, cashier, I do payroll, paper work, I take inventory, do her weekly orders and I also clean the bathroom. The best part is, people bring their pets in with them! I get to play with their animals while they shop. It's perfect!

xxx

June 13th, 2006, 07:01 AM
thepburn's Avatar Veteran
I'm a chemist. I work as an analytical chemist at a company in Alabama. I would much rather be a SAHM or WAHM. I'm busy trying to get a gift basket company off the ground. So....soon, maybe I'll be a WAHM.
June 13th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Phoenix Rising's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a SAHM and a homeschooler of all three girls....
June 13th, 2006, 03:45 PM
SkyeRose's Avatar Regular
I am a stay SAHM to my little baby . I used to be a cosmetolegist (or however you spell that, lol) AKA a person who does beauty thangs for other people...I've done peoples hair for proms and their make-up. I've done it for dance recitals, picture day, homecomings, senior year students...and other special occassions. It was an awsome job. I am much happier being with my family though.

...SOOO....GO SAHM! lol lol lol lol
Wife To: Keith- 26

June 16th, 2006, 08:35 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
I am a manager at Starbucks.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
June 16th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I am a SAHM for right now but looking at getting a job as a flight attendant. A really good friend of mine who has seniority is helping me. I have to go to South Florida for 5 weeks training but will be coming back here. Excellent pay, benefits and free air travel for my entire immediate family! I am just still trying to secure help for someone watching the kids while DH is working 24 hour shifts.
Speaking of which, my DH is an EMT for a local ambulance company. He was trying to get on the fire department but it didn't work out so he is trying to get on the FD in the next township over. He works 24 hours, 48 hours off. The schedule is rough but at least he is home more days of the weeks instead of the 10a-8p shift M-F he used to work.

Oh and a good friend of mine & me are thinking about selling body jewelry. We both are going to invest in it & market the stuff together. This day in age, more and more people are getting body piercings.

So that is what we do.

June 17th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Regular
I am a SAHM.
June 18th, 2006, 10:25 AM
MommieinNC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Official Title: Senior Level Executive Assistant (I work as the assistant to the VP and CEO of our company)

Short answer: I lie for him to his wife.
June 19th, 2006, 01:46 AM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH manages our fleet of trucks (and sometimes drives them ) we're up to 4 now. But his goal is to get back into his flying and finish his commercial aviation degree and go to a small company that does timeshare for planes. High dollar stuff. He has a good friend who's going to help him with his qualifications so he can get it all worked out.

I run the other half of our business, I audit the daily logs truck drivers fill out. I check for DOT compliance. My contract is with a Mississippi company of about 700 drivers. In my spare time ( which is never) I'm working on becoming a real estate agent.

June 19th, 2006, 04:05 PM
kw_5kids's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a SAHM. I also do some office work for my Dh's company
June 19th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Super Mommy
SAHM since I was 7 months pregnant. This is the toughest job I have ever had (and I've had really tough jobs; worked in a body shop, doingbody work on cars), but it the best job I've ever had. I am also going to school to become a teacher. When Baylor starts kindergarten I will start teaching.

June 19th, 2006, 08:06 PM
andrewsmommyNdrubieswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsmommyNdrubieswife
stah mom here also..i plan on going out either in july or august to start putting applications n we are in the whole for the next couple of month...i hate being n the whole...

June 19th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
I'm a 3d character artist working at a video game studio (Sony). The last project that we finished was Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror for PSP. Although right now I'm on maternaty leave for another month.

June 19th, 2006, 10:02 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
WAHM... I'm an editor.
June 20th, 2006, 09:28 PM
cheesevixen's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to cheesevixen
Before I was a Cake Decorater for one of the top bakeries in my area. I plan to go back to it soon after my son is old enough for me to leave home. I absolutly loved it, but to tell ya the truth I missed working up from the bottom. It was more cut throat, with mulitasking, and lots more customers.

June 24th, 2006, 02:38 PM
sunkissed's Avatar Veteran
I just recently became a SAHM. I left my career as a Producer for an ad agency. And I thought THAT job took a lot of energy! HA!

June 24th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now I work at home taking care of the girls. Starting in Sept I go back to work as a preschool teacher at a local school district. Not looking forward to it anymore.
June 24th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
I work as an Administrative Assistant in a Nursing Home

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search