Tips & Tricks?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">So you have any tips or tricks for other Mommies. Something that we may not already know? Post it here!! I\'ll start!

*I talk to my plants everyday, it helps them grow.
*I clean all my silver jewelry with toothpaste.
*I use lemon on my hair to lighten it in the Summer.
*I keep an aloe plant handy to help with minor boo-boos.

Okay....your turn!

xxx</span>

June 13th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Phoenix Rising's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I keep a dark burgandy washcloth in my medicine kit so that my daughters can't see the blood when I am wiping it away.

When I fold my sheets, I tuck them into one of the pillow cases from the set so that I just have to grab the pillow case that I want and everything is tucked in there with it.

I have a few more but I just got back from putting my kitty to sleep and my brain is sooo tired.
June 13th, 2006, 04:01 PM
SkyeRose's Avatar Regular
I use geraniums in my garden to keep the others from dying before summer. I also put roses behind a picket fence so that kids cant themselves with it, yet I have a nice display of roses. Here is another cool idea for older children...I did this with my neices...first get some dirt and soil and make a layer of dirt in the shape of a square or rectangle, leaving a space open for someone to walk in. Then, let your kids dig up the dirt and plant some sunflower seeds. After that you can have your kids water them everyday...or let the sprinkler do the job. Then during the summer, they sould get tall enough to have a sunflower fort and it keeps the sun out to. You also have to tie the tips of the sunflowers...when they get long enough, so that they can make a roof of some sort. It will be a great hit to the kids, and get taller and taller by the minute. It's truly awsome and so fun to watch grow. If you try this...please e-mail me some pictures of you and the gang working to make it look good, lol.
Wife To: Keith- 26

June 14th, 2006, 07:54 AM
** Mandy **
Quote:
Here is another cool idea for older children...I did this with my neices...first get some dirt and soil and make a layer of dirt in the shape of a square or rectangle, leaving a space open for someone to walk in. Then, let your kids dig up the dirt and plant some sunflower seeds. After that you can have your kids water them everyday...or let the sprinkler do the job. Then during the summer, they sould get tall enough to have a sunflower fort and it keeps the sun out to. You also have to tie the tips of the sunflowers...when they get long enough, so that they can make a roof of some sort. It will be a great hit to the kids, and get taller and taller by the minute. It's truly awsome and so fun to watch grow. If you try this...please e-mail me some pictures of you and the gang working to make it look good, lol.[/b]
That is such a good idea Angela! I am going to do that with Ally when she gets older.

June 15th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
Quote:
I keep a dark burgandy washcloth in my medicine kit so that my daughters can't see the blood when I am wiping it away.

When I fold my sheets, I tuck them into one of the pillow cases from the set so that I just have to grab the pillow case that I want and everything is tucked in there with it.

I have a few more but I just got back from putting my kitty to sleep and my brain is sooo tired.[/b]
I'm so sorry that you had to put your kitty to sleep. I love the wash cloth idea. I'm going to have to do that because my DD almost faints at the sight of blood.

Quote:
I use geraniums in my garden to keep the others from dying before summer. I also put roses behind a picket fence so that kids cant themselves with it, yet I have a nice display of roses. Here is another cool idea for older children...I did this with my neices...first get some dirt and soil and make a layer of dirt in the shape of a square or rectangle, leaving a space open for someone to walk in. Then, let your kids dig up the dirt and plant some sunflower seeds. After that you can have your kids water them everyday...or let the sprinkler do the job. Then during the summer, they sould get tall enough to have a sunflower fort and it keeps the sun out to. You also have to tie the tips of the sunflowers...when they get long enough, so that they can make a roof of some sort. It will be a great hit to the kids, and get taller and taller by the minute. It's truly awsome and so fun to watch grow. If you try this...please e-mail me some pictures of you and the gang working to make it look good, lol.[/b]
I love your ideas!!! I'm going to have to plant some sunflowers with my DD.

xxx

June 17th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Regular
Tee tree oil on squito bites. It relieves the itch instantly. In less than a second - it has a numbing effect of some sort. I use it for the kids when they get those broken off corners on their big toe nails, and it's just hanging there- but if you touch it, they scream becaue it really hurts. Just dab a drop of oil thee, and pull - no pain. I add another drop right afterwards, as well.
June 17th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Quote:
Tee tree oil on squito bites. It relieves the itch instantly. In less than a second - it has a numbing effect of some sort. I use it for the kids when they get those broken off corners on their big toe nails, and it's just hanging there- but if you touch it, they scream becaue it really hurts. Just dab a drop of oil thee, and pull - no pain. I add another drop right afterwards, as well.[/b]
Just remember to use the tea tree oil from Australia, NOT from Florida because there are so many people that has reactions to the stuff from Florida. I hate plugging this, but I used to sell for Melaleuca (don't now). I keep a small vial in my medicine cabinet.

OK here are my tips:
I am so bad about folding laundry, I usually just throw it in the bedroom after I take it out of the dryer. I am getting better at it but I sit down in front of my dryer, put regular clothes in one pile, socks underwear and such in another, towels and washcloths & my DH's work uniforms in another. Those are the things I put right away so we always have those things handy. Well, all but the regular clothes.

Another idea someone gave me is for potty training, get a basket and put the child's underwear in there under the bathroom sink & show them where it is. They love the independence of being able to get their own straight out of the tub and off the potty.

My dad taught me doing dishes, start with silverware and glasses since those are the things that actually touch your mouth. Then go to plates and bowls. Then utensils and pots & pans. Work from cleanest to dirtiest. It saves on how much dish water you need to run.

I have some more ideas but I will post those later as I think of them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search