How old were you when your first child was born?

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Age when starting a family
No, I should have waited longer, but I made it work! 15 48.39%
Yes, that was the perfect age! 16 51.61%
No, I wish I'd gotten pregnant sooner. 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Anne07Nov05's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When do you have your first baby? Was it the "right" time for you? If not, why?

I was 27, which was the perfect age for me. My husband and I had a few years alone together, which was nice. We were financially stable when I got pregnant, and I'd worked long enough that I felt confident that I could put my career on hold for a bit and later return to it without a problem. (I initially didn't plan on going back to work after having our son, but I ended up going back 12 hrs/wk, which is perfect!)

Also, my husband is on shore duty (for the Navy) for 3 years, which means he'll be around (rather than on deployments) for the first 3 years of our son's life, which was extremely important to us. We started TTC when his shore duty assignment was approaching. That was a huge part of the reason that we TTC'd when we did. We plan to begin TTC #2 shortly, b/c we want to have our second baby while my husband is still on shore duty.

June 19th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindy
I was 16 when I had my son, 20 when I had my daughter and now 24 and pregnant with baby #3 (all same father) Hubby and I been together for almost 10 years now and still going strong, we've run into some problems and even this pregnancy was so unplanned and we really need to get back on our feet but I have faith that everything will work out in the end, Life is short and you need to be happy with all the twists and turns you run into, cause no one promised tomorrow!
June 19th, 2006, 08:27 PM
andrewsmommyNdrubieswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsmommyNdrubieswife
i was 17 when i got pregnant with my first and i was 18 when i had him...when i was about 4months into my pregnancy i was thinking to myself 'i wish i waited a little while to have a baby' but oh well...i had him....he is wonderful.....i wanted to be a young mother....my dh is 30 gonna be 31 n july...so i didnt want to wait...i am hoping to have another by the time i am 22...lol

June 20th, 2006, 08:46 AM
** Mandy **
We were very lucky that ours happened according to the way we had planned. Before we got married we decided we would wait until we were close to 30 to have our first child. Four years later when I was 28 and he was 29 we started trying and it happened within that first month.

June 24th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
I was 19 when she was born

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04

http://www.facebook.com/Ukmum
June 30th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I was 16 when I had my 1st. I don't regret having her but I am going to make sure she does the things I missed out on doing like finishing school, going to prom, going to college, etc.

July 1st, 2006, 12:54 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was 2 days from turning 23 when I had Serena.
July 3rd, 2006, 01:32 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
I was 16 when I got pregnant with Ayden and 17 when I had her - I'll be 18 in 5 months. I don't regret having her in the slightest and would not go back and prolong things, though it is a bit saddening that I won't graduate on stage with my class, since I'm homeschooling. I love being a mother and I wouldn't change anything, really. It probably wasn't the best time to have her, per say, but she isn't lacking in anything and very, very loved and wanted in our family.

July 3rd, 2006, 03:59 PM
Mumsy4's Avatar Member
Send a message via Yahoo to Mumsy4
I was 22 when my first boy was born. I think it was absolutely the right time for us.

I'm a Hippymom! Tell them Cik sent you!
July 6th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 18 when i got pregnant and 18 when i had him, my second i was 19 and had her when i was 19, my thrid i had when i was 22, and my fourth i had him when i was 24

</div>

</div>
July 8th, 2006, 02:32 PM
dawnk777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't get married until I was 27. Sarah was born, when I was 29 and Emily, when I was 32. I think it was the perfect time. DH and I have been married 18 years now, and I'm 46.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search