hey dads can i get some stories from your perspective

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey guys, not sure how much you post or check, but i understand you might not feel comfortable on the other boards especially like TTC since there is alot of info that could be labled TMI even for women!
so i would love love love to hear how you felt while TTC, what was that like for you, what did you feel when you found out you were pregnant
if you didn't TTC and got the happy but unplanned miracle, what was it like for you. how was pregnancy from the dads perspective

and i'm so glad there is a section for guys on here, thanks to each and everyone on of you that post!

February 9th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
bump

February 16th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Regular
I'm new to the forums and I'm still figuring out what all the abbreviations mean. I figure that TTC is Try to Conceive, but I'm not sure what TMI is.

Anyway I'm 40 and my wife is 37. We've been married for 12 years but have been together since High School (24 years). We tried to conceive many times during our marriage but it never worked out. We did get pregnant 3 years ago (w/o TTC) but it ended in a MC (I will use this abbreviation for this ugly word). We had stopped trying b/c we figured if God wanted it to be it would be. When we realized we were pregnant neither of us got our hopes up b/c of what had happened before. We were waiting for all the tests, bloodwork and ultrasound results before we really allowed ourselves to be excited or tell anyone. The ultrasound was the last thing we were waiting for and when the Dr. came in and told us everything was good I lost it and broke down. We were 4 months pregnant before we told anyone. We are now going into our 32nd week and have another ultrasound next week. I'm already spoiling my little girl and buy her new dresses and outfits whenever we are out shopping.
March 6th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Veteran
I'm 23 and the pregnancy with my gf was unplanned and at first we were both shocked. I asked if she wanted to get an abortion and she asked me right back what I wanted to do. I consider myself pro-choice but I told her I wanted to keep it.

Once I found out she was pregnant I went into protector/provider mode immediately. I began reading up on info and trying to get things organized for her and the baby. I've been reading books and getting all kinds of information. I think I'm more into this whole pregnancy thing than she is. LOL.

I'm a proud father to a bouncing baby boy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search