Partners and Children

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are things like in your house?
Do you have a partner that you'd like to ring their neck sometimes when it comes to helping out?

Do you have a partner that would make all of our bloods boil with envy?

Has the thought of buying a voice recorder with the saying "Garbage bag full, please take out the trash", "The laundry basket is over there, not here on the floor", "Dishes go in the sink please" ?

Lets discuss our situations at home with our partners...

Becky
July 6th, 2006, 09:26 AM
thekepp's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I honestly can't complain at all! My husband is absolutely wonderful He's a state trooper so he has shift work but everynight that he is home he will always bath, feed and put Trey to bed. When he's home in the mornings with me he feeds and plays with him. He's always encouraging me to go out with the girls to get away and he even makes dinner every now and then to help out.

July 6th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
My DH is great with stuff like helping out and getting things done, but I do have to ask him. Sometimes I leave something to do and he'll notice it and do it for me. That's rare though, I usually have to ask. He can cook really good, but he works a lot, so I do that all the time. He loves to go, go, go, so he and our DD are always out doing something together. He takes her to concerts, shopping, to the park or just out to get ice cream. He's a big kid himself. There are a few things he does that just irritate the HELL out of me! He'll call me into the living room 100 times, just to show me something he thinks is funny. It's usually not worth me stopping what I'm doing either. He keeps doing it though!! He did it last night and I got up twice for something I had no interest in seeing. I finally just told him to stop calling me in there unless he's going to give me money.

xxx

July 6th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I finally just told him to stop calling me in there unless he's going to give me money. [/b]

Thats funny
July 6th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My DH absolutely will not help me out around the house. He works 24 hour shifts every 3rd day, gets to sleep on the job and is home 4-5 days a week unless he picks up OT. But it is too much for him to throw a load of laundry into the washer, cook a meal or do a load of dishes when he is home.

July 6th, 2006, 04:20 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dh isnt much help around the house either. He likes to work on the outside of the house, but lately he\'s been bringing work home, so he hasnt helped much with ANYTHING...ooh, that sounds a little like a vent...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

July 6th, 2006, 06:13 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NaynayPie
Well, ladies, I got lucky. My husband not only works full-time so I can be a SAHM (and go to one college class) but he actually does more housework than I do. And he never, ever complains, nor do I ever have to ask him to do things. Not that I just sit on my butt and eat bonbons all day. I do as much as I can, but a little toddler can be such a handful. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.

~Nay
July 6th, 2006, 06:14 PM
NaynayPie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NaynayPie
sorry, double post
July 7th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
My hubby is a great man.. He has his little tweaks that rub me the wrong way.. And since I have been off work for 2 years they have gotten worse..

1. He thinks I am the only one who should clean our room.. Um if ya would learn where the hamper is in the room.. It would stay clean... I mean we have 3

2. He could help out with a few baths or fix the babies bottles..

3. He would quit telling me I sleep to much.. I go to bed at 2 am.. Get woken up at 4am because Braxton is crying in his sleep.. I have to comfort him.. Finally get back to sleep at 5am only to get woke up at 5:30am because Trinity wants a bottle.. Feed her.. Get back to sleep at 6:30am. Sleep until 10am or 11am if I am lucky.. So I am lucky to 8 hours of sleep.. Just because I stay in bed longer doesn't mean sleep to much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search