Christmas Eve

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Do you have any particular traditions on Christmas Eve?

Do you have a special meal on Christmas Eve, or just eat normally?

We tend to have a take-away on Christmas Eve, on account of it being a treat and also doing so much cooking for Christmas Day that evening and having so much cooking to do the next day! We do the same on New Year's Eve too. We normally open one present on Christmas Eve, but haven't been able to afford much this year, so probably will save everything for Christmas Day this time.

December 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're going out to lunch with my in-laws this year. Think we might just have take-away for dinner.

No real traditions except the yearly goal of making the kids exhausted so they don't fight bedtime and want to stay up to see Santa.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

December 21st, 2011, 06:04 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
We usually have lasagna with my family, not feeling it this year and don't really want to go. I was thinking on staying home and raosting some sort of bird.
December 21st, 2011, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Depends on the year because of visitation with Mike.
This year, since Mike doesn't get here til 3pm on Christmas Day we're staying home. That means Christmas Eve we'll be at my parents' house with them and my brother's family. Big dinner at 11:30, Santa at 2, Christmas Eve service at 5:30, drive around looking at lights, home to bed.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
December 21st, 2011, 07:23 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
We go to Maryland every Christmas Eve for dinner with DH's extended family.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
December 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
We don't do anything special on Christmas eve, just eat whatever we can lol when i was living at home though we used to always have take away on xmas eve!! Tomorrow though we do have a treasure hunt planned for the kids (choc coins hid around the house... ) and then at the end they will get led to selection boxes and christmas sticker books, which will keep them entertained

December 23rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Veteran
We don't normally do anything special for Christmas Eve, but this year we will all be going to my inlaws for dinner and celebrate Christmas with them. Christmas Day we are back to our place for Christmas with my family.
March 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
we had a good christmas eve and christmas here at our house. lots of gifts, family, and fun.
June 7th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's usually just us on Christmas Day (Kayley, me, hubby). We usually do all of our baking Christmas Eve or the day before. On Christmas Eve we make a big dinner and invite my mom and brother over. We exchange gifts. They go home. Kayley gets into her Christmas pjs, if there is time we drive around looking at lights. Then it's milk and cookies time. Bedtime and Santa leaves gifts for the morning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search