We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Welcome to the Christmas Quiz! Beneath are posted twenty questions in three sections for you to puzzle over throughout the festive season.
For each point you get on the Christmas Quiz, you will get five Leaderboard points. If you answer all 20 questions correctly, you can therefore potentially get 100 Leaderboard points.
As the Leaderboard currently stands, this means that even if this is the first thing you ever played on The Mommy Lounge, you have a shot at being top on the Leaderboard on January 1st. Details of prizes and current scores can be found here (Our Chill-out Corner Lucky Leaderboard!). (I do still have 2 x Tuesday Trivia scores and some odd points to add outstanding at time of posting).
* Quiz Rules *
DO NOT POST ANY ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD.
PM me your best shot at the answers by New Year's Eve, December 31st 2011. Make sure your answers are numbered, or copy and paste the questions and insert the answers.
It is fine to research your answers on the internet. It is equally fine to just answer the questions you know the answers to already - after all you still get 5 points per answer.
* The Questions*
Part 1: Christmas At The Movies
1. Who wrote "The Nightmare Before Christmas"?
2. What did Clarence get for accomplishing his mission in "It's A Wonderful Life"?
3. Why was the Grinch so nasty?
4. In "The Polar Express", what is the first gift of Christmas?
5. Why did Santa's sleigh break down in "Elf"?
Part 2: Christmas Trivia
6. Name the three kings that went to see baby Jesus.
7. What does the word Christ mean?
8. Robert L.May created what Christmas character?
9. John Horsley made the first Christmas card in what year?
10. Name ALL the ghosts in A Christmas Carol.
11. Who wrote the poem “The Cultivation of Christmas Trees”?
12. What continent is the turkey from?
13. What do Ukranians put on their Christmas tree for good luck?
14. How many candles are there on an Advent wreath?
15. If you were given frumenty at a Mediaeval Christmas party, would you: eat it, burn it, wear it, or drink it?
Part 3: Don’t Forget The Christmas Lyrics
Can you name the Christmas songs these lyrics come from?
16. “Please have snow and mistletoe and presents under the tree”
17. “Hang a shining star upon the highest bough”
18. “City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style”
19. “And Heaven and nature sing”
20. “Disperse the gloomy clouds of night”
Last edited by Carwen*Angel; December 20th, 2011 at 07:41 AM.