Hi ladies - new here

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 25th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Hope you can make room for one more?

I joined this site because I'm in desperate need of help. My 7 month old WILL NOT SLEEP and I don't know what to do. She will sleep if I am holding her, but as soon as I set her in the crib she wakes right up and cries until I pick her up. I can't do CIO. I briefly tried it, and I can't do it. If she is just talking/whining then I leave her be but the minute she cries, I go get her. Just wondering if there are any options to get her to start sleeping that don't involve CIO?

She was sleeping through the night (since she was 3 months old) but last night she woke up at about 1am and didn't go back to sleep until about 2:30 (I had to hold her to get her to sleep) and then today she woke up at about 12:30am and is still awake now. I don't know what to do
December 26th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Hello and welcome!

The Mommy Lounge is a general chit-chat board really - I'm not sure if any ladies here will have any good advice for you, as they come here for a chinwag really and have kids at all sorts of stages. Personally my son is now 5 and was a good sleeper as a baby so not much springs to mind.

I do think one of the things that contributed to him being a good sleeper was routine. He didn't have too much sleep during the day by 7 months, maybe just 1 or 2 short naps, and he had 5 feeds/drinks during the course of the day so he was always full at bed-time. He knew when night was coming because we would close the curtains, give him a bath and change him into PJs about an hour before bed-time, and watch CBeebies bedtime hour or read him a story so he knew it was quiet time - all toys would be away by then. If he wouldn't settle alone or cried in bed (because he did have night terrors at times) we didn't do CIO either - one of us would go in and cuddle him, then put him back down and stroke his head or his hand for a bit, then move away but remain in the room for a bit, and finally leave him once he was calm and dozy again. If he woke in the night crying we would check he didn't need anything - change his nappy, offer water, take his temp and give Calpol or remove/add layers of clothes if needed - and then just repeat the process, stroking his hand for a bit, but lying down ourselves to show that it was categorically bed-time. I've also heard black-out blinds are good because babies respond to light/dark - we never needed them for my son thankfully.

You may get some better advice from ladies in your playroom who will have children at a similar age and may be going through the same thing. On the main message board page, look through the playrooms for your daughter's birth month and year to find it. You may also want to try the Attachment Parenting board where they are also opposed to CIO, or the Children's Health board. Scroll down the main message board page - they'll both be a little lower down.

Good luck!

December 26th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the advice. Sorry, I didnt realize this wasnt the place to post this. Still getting used to the board!
December 28th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
No worries, JM is huge!

December 28th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would suggest a swing maybe? That helped my son to sleep better, especially if gassy or something.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
December 29th, 2011, 09:27 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board.

I would also try the swing. I know with my son xander when he would wake in the middle of the night for a feeding he wouldn't lay down again but I put him in his swing and he was out like a light and happy.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search