Do You Remember...

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Times New Roman">Do you remember the first few minutes of your child\'s life? What did you say to him/her? Were they placed on your chest immediately or were there complications?

xxx
</span>

July 10th, 2006, 10:24 AM
thekepp's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a csection so I didn't get to hold him right away but my husband brought him over to me and I held his hand and told him welcome to the world I love you!

July 10th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I remember every second of my labor. Right before he came out, the doctor's and nurses told me to look down, he's coming out!! And I did. It was beautiful. As soon as he came out, I reached for him, they handed him right over to me so I could lay him on my chest. His eyes were open and I swear he looked right at me. That's when DH and I said Hello, Lex! We're your parents. I kissed him, DH cut the cord and then the nurse took him to be cleaned up. I had wanted a picture of the first minutes of his life with us, but DH and I were so caught up in loving him, that we forgot to take pictures!

xxx

July 11th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
1st was a c-sect, no complications besides failure to progress. I had names narrowed down for a girl between Kelsey Ann & Marissa Jo and as soon as I saw her I told her she looked like a Marissa.

2nd was vbac and first thing I did was look to see if he had his fathers ugly feet...unfortunately he does but oh well.

3rd was a c-section, they had to knock me out so I was really groggy. Then about an hour later he developed breathing problems while my DH & MIL were feeding him a bottle...I was so groggy I couldn't even nurse him.

July 11th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my 1st.. Labor was the worst thing ever... It was HORRIBLE! Add to the shock that we were expecting a boy and out popped a girl.. I wasn't ready for a girl!! I remember saying I was done, I couldn't push.. and they couldn't make me.. I loved that little girl... Her daddy cried.. I cried.. and then I slept.. for a long time (I was induced and was having hard cx for 2 days.. oooh horrible!!!)

With my 2nd, it wasn't exactly what I planned.. at all.. but it was waaay better then my 1st.. He came out really easy (he was VERY tiny) and they gave him to me and I started crying, and then I cried really hard when I realized his dad wasn't crying.. I was saying, Why arn't you crying? What's wrong with you!! LMBO!
I screamed "He's got your nose!!" (which was a good thing )
I never wanted to let that baby out of my sight.. and when they took him I freaked!

Becky
July 11th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Awwwww!! I love reading all the stories!! Thanks, Ladies!

xxx

July 13th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Brad caught him and after his shoulders were out i reached down and brad and i pulled him onto my chest. i just remember seeing him for the first time and saying how beautiful he was. we knew as soon as he came out that he was an ashton. and i could tell from the second he was born he was going to be trouble. i just picked him up and looked at him. i didnt even know what to say. he was georgeous. then after a bit brad cut the cord and got on his swimming trunks and got in the bath tub at the birthcenter and gave him his first bath.

July 13th, 2006, 08:18 AM
evie&kipper's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I had a beautiful story, but I don't. I hardly remember seeing her for the first tme. I had a csection and they brought her over to my head so I could see her. I don't remember saying anything, just crying. After that they started the morphine and everything was a blur until the next day.

Blogging our daily adventures: http://raisingevieandkipper.blogspot.com/
July 13th, 2006, 05:05 PM
angelmom79's Avatar Regular
I remember with my first child,, they put her on my chest and I just looked at her and cried and touched her face and told her that I loved her,, with my second it wasn't so nice, I remember that they put her on my chest and I held her for a couple of seconds and told her that I loved her and they took her because I was having really bad pains,, they gave me some pain meds,,I didn't wake till the next day where i came to find out that my uterus had ruptured?? < not sure if that's the way it's spelt but anyhow,, And after that it was just so complicated which is a whole other story...

July 16th, 2006, 05:13 PM
andrewsmommyNdrubieswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsmommyNdrubieswife
my labor was fine....They but him rite to my chest..when he first came out i was crying cause i finally got to meet the human i was carrying for 9months....i adore him....

becky

July 16th, 2006, 10:44 PM
nirvanasmarigold's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember that as soon as he came out I started crying and I remember seeing his cute little face. When they put him on my chest I remember crying and just saying I love you so much over and over I also remember looking at his fingernails and they were so long! I also looked over at my husband and it was the first time I ever saw him cry. It was an amazing experience

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search