When You First Became A Mom....

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Courier New">
What was your biggest suprise, after becomming a mother for the first time?

Did you forget to do something like to wash behind your baby\'s ears?

xxx</span>

July 11th, 2006, 07:24 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My biggest surprise was that I never thought I would spend so much time focused on if they went to the bathroom or not. Another big one was that you never think you will be one of those people that other passengers dread sitting by on an airplane but then you have a baby and you become one of them.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

July 11th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
I was a mess. I had no idea what I was doing! I was constantly changing her diaper, even if it didn't need it! I didn't know what to do when she cried, I did forget to clean behind her ears once , but I eventually got the hang of it. It only took me about a month, but after that, I was a pro! I didn't realize how much work babies were either. OMG! They really are a full-time job. It's crazy sometimes and I hardly have a minute to myself, but I lvoe every second of it.

xxx

July 11th, 2006, 12:26 PM
** Mandy **
My biggest surprise was how natural it felt and I actually felt like I knew what I was doing. I was so nervous before she was born that I would have no idea what to do and that everything would be so difficult. I found the tasks were not difficult... the hard part was the 24-7 of it.

July 11th, 2006, 06:49 PM
*Angela.R*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read a quote once in my favorite book The Baby Whisperer, it said...
"I thought having a baby would be like getting a new puppy... boy was I wrong!!"
I thought this had sort of a funny ring to it. I never really knew how hard motherhood was, but so rewarding at the same time... I absolutely love it.

I never expected the joys I would get from having a child. I think I was in complete obliviousness when I was preggo!!!

July 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM
andrewsmommyNdrubieswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsmommyNdrubieswife
mmmm....I was also a mess and the beginng being 19 and becoming a young mom....Wow! I still haven't gotten it thro my head that I am a mom..I mean I know I am his mother but I don't think I am feeling like I am a mother...Cause when I was young I watched my little half brother all the time.....Sorry if I don't make no since..

He is wonderful and good....

becky

July 17th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How it was SO worth it and how I couldn't believe EVER loving something so much. How much stronger it made my marraige and how we became so much more focused on family so our son could have the best possible chance for a wonderful life.
How easy it was to quit my career and not look back.
<div align="center"></div>
July 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM
MinnesotaMommy
Lack of sleep!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search