In-Laws

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Georgia">
Do you get along with your In-Laws? If you\'re not married, do you get along with your SO\'s parents?

xxx</span>

July 24th, 2006, 06:14 AM
** Mandy **
I used to but they are really on my nerves right now. Ally is their only grandchild and they are crazy over her. That is good to a point but they need to back off. They live an hour and a half away but we have seen them five times so far this month. I need a break! DH doesn't see a problem and encourages it with them. We have been arguing about it. They make comments that I don't want to hear which I could put up with if I didn't have to see them this often. Ugh! I have tried to include them in everything... every holiday or event big or small but somehow it still isn't enough. DH says they are being good grandparents and just want to be involved in Ally's life. I say they need to lay off.

July 25th, 2006, 04:14 AM
thekepp's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get along with my inlaws but there are days when I think their advice just needs to go out the window

July 25th, 2006, 04:49 AM
I love my MIL. DH's father passed away a long time ago, but I'm sure I'd love him too.

xxx

July 25th, 2006, 06:35 PM
calebsmom_paulswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a saying about inlaws: the difference between inlaws and outlaws is...one's wanted.
July 26th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Quote:
I have a saying about inlaws: the difference between inlaws and outlaws is...one's wanted.[/b]
That's funny!!!

xxx

July 26th, 2006, 11:47 AM
nathansmom
I really do like my in-laws.....I have *far* less problems with them than I do my mom and step-dad!
July 26th, 2006, 01:41 PM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get along with my IL's really well ... ever since having the baby MIL wants to be somewhat controlling (a.k.a have the baby call her MOMsie & over all the time for hours) but it is getting back to the way it was - thank goodness... On the whole I love them to death & couldn't have asked for better IL's.
August 21st, 2006, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My in-laws are horrible! I have never met a family who fought so much. There is so much jealousy and competition between the siblings. My mother-in-law has said so many unkind things towards my husband that we decided not to associate with her anymore. It was an unhealthy situation for him or our son. That was over 2 years ago!!

<span style="color:#A0522D">"No my windows aren't dirty ....that's my boxers nose artwork!"</span>
August 21st, 2006, 11:23 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Do not even get me started on that subject.. My inlaws are a real sore subject with me.... Only thing good that came from those people is my soulmate of 11 years.. My MIL is the worst

Here is a joke I heard

1st Man: I had a great dream about my mother inlaw last night
2nd Man: I thought you disliked you mother inlaw
1st Man: I do but I dreamed that you had to have money to purchase one
2nd Man: Oh really
1st Man: And I didn't have enough money
August 21st, 2006, 03:05 PM
andrewsmommyNdrubieswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsmommyNdrubieswife
I do get along with dh's father and step mother..better then i do with his biological mother who happens to live with us......i think if she didnt live with us i would get along with her.....better..

becky

August 21st, 2006, 07:06 PM
MinnesotaMommy
Fil ~yes. Mil ~ NO.
August 22nd, 2006, 09:03 AM
TotsnTwins
I tolerate them. I used to think they were wonderful when we started dating, but over time I started to see who they really were.

My mother in law is the most negative person I have ever met in my life. If something good happens, she points out what isn't good. When we moved into our first house (Hubby was 20 when he bought it) She told him what a huge mistake he was making and how she was disappointed in him and everything. She didn' t help us move stuff in at all. My parents did that.

My father in law is an attention seeker. He can't stand it if the attention isn't always on him.

Neither of them see the kids often. When we lived like 30 minutes from them they only visited on birthdays or family gatherings. Granted my father in law came more once we were married. (I think he saw how much my family did for us and felt guilty). They would drive 2 hours every other weekend to visit my husbands sister and her kids though.

They also have a huge habit of favoring the "baby" of the grandchildren. When Dawson was born, our neice Lexi was pushed aside. Everyone wanted to hold Dawson and that was all that mattered. When we had Hannah we made a rule that you could not come into our home, unless you greeted Dawson and spent some time with him first, before going over to Hannah. We didn't want him to be pushed aside like the other grandchildren. My father in law blew up like it was a major request and refused to visit for a few weeks. @@ Eventually they got better. It got worse when the twins were born though. My mother in law who never really saw the kids that much was suddenly the "proud gramma" and bragging to everyone about having twin grandbabies. Drove me nuts.

Then there is the fact that they never fail to let my husband know what a "failure" he is in their eyes because he didn't do everything they had planned for him. @@
August 22nd, 2006, 10:27 PM
4wildflowers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4wildflowers
I tolerate them when I have too... which luckily isn't that often! FIL is okay, but can be annoying. MIL is a b!otch. I can't stand her.

My kids.....
Jake 13
Shane 9
Brynne 6
Claire 4

August 30th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I get along with my MIL & FIL, 2 of my BIL's, my SIL and her fiance. I just do not get along with his older brother and his wife. They are the most snobby snooty people I have ever met!

August 30th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Super Mommy
His mom, sometimes. She can be really nosey. His dad not really. He always has an opinion about everything. He likes to argue & gets on my nerves sometimes.
August 30th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can't stand them you can have them! MIL LOVES DRAMA and is always out looking for it and if she can't find any she will start up some of her own!
August 30th, 2006, 02:04 PM
yahtzeecat1981's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to yahtzeecat1981
I get along great with my inlaws

Thank You nvr.4.gtn for my PERFECT siggy!
August 31st, 2006, 11:36 AM
JNB1111's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to JNB1111
I get along with them pretty well. After we had DS they were over here every day for a week and a half straight and I just couldn't take it anymore and I opened my mouth up to my fiance and it got beter about 3 times a week...I was just so frustrated with it all and my fiance talked to his mom about us neding our space and blah blah blah and now she complains that she only sees him 1 day a week (all day...we get our alone time)...And she has something to say about everything we do, but we ignore her. His Baptism is this Sunday....its been a mess planning it...wonder how it all will go
9:37pm
7lbs 8oz
19 1/2" long

September 8th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Send a message via AIM to Alyse
I get along with them pretty well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search