Girls & Makeup

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
<span style="font-family:Trebuchet Ms">
At what age will you let you daughter/s wear makeup? If you don\'t have a girl, what age do you think is appropriate?

xxx</span>

July 26th, 2006, 12:24 PM
** Mandy **
Definitely no earlier than middle school. Once she reaches that age we might be able to compromise on a few things.

July 26th, 2006, 02:49 PM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't wear make-up & won't let her either ....
July 27th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Middle school is when she can put it on herself, in moderation..(I wish someone stopped me at that age I didn't know what I was doing and thought I did and nobody had the courage to tell me to ease up..LMBO)

She's 7 now and she loves to play in my make-up. So occasionally I'll let her slap on some lipstick or I'd put on some rolly glittery eyeshadow (She calls it rolly-eyes)

Letting her wear makeup isn't going to be a hard thing for me... now ask me about boys and going on dates and things... and THATS a problem!! Yikes!

Becky
July 30th, 2006, 09:20 AM
**Kelley**'s Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to **Kelley** Send a message via Yahoo to **Kelley**
Well, my girl already has her own stash. Which is basically all my stuff I don't use. And so far she just plays around with it, she doesn't actually wear it out in public regularly. But since she is going into Middle School this year, I would let her wear some. In moderation. As long as it looks natural and ok.

K.

With My Wings</div>
July 30th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Cenlamom's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Cenlamom Send a message via MSN to Cenlamom Send a message via Yahoo to Cenlamom
i think no earlier than middle school
August 1st, 2006, 10:40 AM
Nedene's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't allow my step-daughter to wear make-up, and she's 5.. I'm just not a fan of the child's play make-up sets, But I think that when she gets to highschool that she will be oldenough to make her own choice... I just don't encourage it at all, We just tell her thats she's way too beautiful to put that stuff on her face..

August 1st, 2006, 11:33 AM
mommyx4's Avatar Super Mommy
Kelsey is eight and she has a lot of make up that she PLAYS with. She knows that under no circumstance is she to leave the house with it on. She asks permission every time she wants to wear it(to be sure we are staying in). I don't know when I will allow her to wear it out but it will be a while before I even think about it.
August 1st, 2006, 04:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i dont have a girl but i would say 13. and just a little at 13.

August 6th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My daughter wears make-up already though it is mainly for play. Seems everyone buys it for her. I am teaching her the proper techniques. I grew up without my mother (she lived in Florida, I was in Ohio with my dad) so he sent me to modeling school so I would learn properly. Oh and she is 10, almost 11 years old. When she wears it out of the house for special occasions (last time was in Feb. for the father/daughter dance), my sister helped her with it.

August 9th, 2006, 04:29 PM
dawnk777's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nobody here wears makeup. I think it's a pain in the butt and usually don't bother. My kids are 17 and 14 and it's never been an issue. If they wanted to, I wouldn't care anymore, but neither one is interested.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search