Of your friends and family.........

Forum: The Mommy Lounge

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Mommy Lounge LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Sassy5d's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who don't have kids.. how does their life differ from yours?

I have a friend who is married and in her mid 30's and she basically hates kids.. She loves her nieces and nephews and will hang out with them from time to time but she never wanted any kids of her own and I can bet will probably never have any kids of her own....

Its kinda hard not to be slightly envious of her... All the nice things her and her husband have (Don't get juice stains on the carpet, crayon on the walls ect ect ..lol) They can just pick up and go basically whenever if they can get off work.....

but then I get reminded.. to me, how lonely that seems.. I honestly think I would feel empty and lonely if I didn't have my kids...

How is it in your life?
July 27th, 2006, 10:27 AM
** Mandy **
The impression I have gotten from my friends who don't have kids are that they are jealous that I am married with a baby. One friend just got married and has been dying to get married and have kids for years. She would like kids ASAP but I think they are waiting until they are able to buy a house and get settled. She was disappointed that I couldn't wait for her to have kids. Another close friend turned 30 this year and has never been married and doesn't have a boyfriend. She is hard to talk to because it's like she doesn't want to hear about what is going with Ally because it upsets her because it makes her think of where she is in her life (which isn't where she would have chosen ideally... she would like to be married and able to have kids as well). I feel very lucky to be where I am and wouldn't want to be single or struggling to have kids right now.

July 27th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
OMG! The difference is huge!!! My friend Ava is staying with us for a while and she's single and has no children. Well, she works nights, drinks a lot and parties hard!! She sleeps all day, has tons of money and a six pack! You know what though, she tells me everyday how lucky I am to have such a great life. She thinks it's perfect! I don't want to burst her bubble, so I just look at her and say..."One day, you'll have all this and be as happy as we are. You probably will be very tired, very broke and a little stressed out everyday, but you'll love it!!!".

xxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search